cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Should race be considered in the hiring of a football coach?? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14451)

Zulu451 11-29-2007 02:57 PM

Should race be considered in the hiring of a football coach??

IMO, absolutly not. You take the best guy for the job. That includes a lot of intangibles. Just look at Notre Dame. Everyone was praising them for hiring Tyrone Willingham, in a few short years they were being called racists because the guy couldn't win a game. Now they have a fat white coach, who still can't win a game!

MikeWaters 11-29-2007 03:04 PM

Given your avatar, I think your opinion was a given.

exUte 11-29-2007 03:47 PM

I don't think race IS a consideration

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu451 (Post 156860)
IMO, absolutly not. You take the best guy for the job. That includes a lot of intangibles. Just look at Notre Dame. Everyone was praising them for hiring Tyrone Willingham, in a few short years they were being called racists because the guy couldn't win a game. Now they have a fat white coach, who still can't win a game!

Would a university rather lose with a white coach than win with a black coach?

They want to win and will hire someone who they believe will help them win. What does race have to do with that?

Zulu451 11-29-2007 09:12 PM

Mike -

What does my avatar have to do with this? Are you a midget basketball player hater? Especially ones from Thailand? Are you a hater Mike? These guys could probably school us.

Check out that dude driving w/ his shoulder!

Archaea 11-29-2007 10:08 PM

A university hiring any employee should be aware of a number of factors. Should it be the only characteristic that a university considers? Of course not, but should ignore the factor? No.

I don't believe a university with a large Polynesian student body and student athletes should ignore the benefits of hiring qualified Polynesian coaches. Nor should a predominately white university ignore the benefits of hiring black coaches in sports where that culture generates a disproportionate number of exceptional participants. It will act as a cultural bridge for those student athletes.

mpfunk 11-29-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 156901)
Would a university rather lose with a white coach than win with a black coach?

They want to win and will hire someone who they believe will help them win. What does race have to do with that?

Well we all know that you would never hire a Jewish coach.

exUte 11-29-2007 10:33 PM

If he can win, why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 157197)
Well we all know that you would never hire a Jewish coach.

Like I said, race should not be a consideration. Winning, on the other hand should be. Or do you have other wisdom? Like hiring the fattest guy you know to coach a basketball team who takes a crap in a garbage can? Perhaps that should be a requirement?

MikeWaters 11-29-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu451 (Post 157128)
Mike -

What does my avatar have to do with this? Are you a midget basketball player hater? Especially ones from Thailand? Are you a hater Mike? These guys could probably school us.

Check out that dude driving w/ his shoulder!

where were you on Thanksgiving? I wanted to pile drive you into the dirt. There were about 35 guys out there.

il Padrino Ute 11-30-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157206)
Like I said, race should not be a consideration. Winning, on the other hand should be. Or do you have other wisdom? Like hiring the fattest guy you know to coach a basketball team who takes a crap in a garbage can? Perhaps that should be a requirement?

Jewish is not a race. But you are so blinded by hatred, you wouldn't have known that.

And you hate Majerus because his teams treated your Cougars the way you treat Jews.

Zulu451 11-30-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 157207)
where were you on Thanksgiving? I wanted to pile drive you into the dirt. There were about 35 guys out there.

I was duck hunting. That was fun!