cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beastie Boys (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11034)

YOhio 08-21-2007 03:48 AM

Beastie Boys

A couple of weeks ago I found a stash of old CD's and ripped them onto my iPod. Included in this stash was every Beastie album until Five Boroughs. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed these guys. It's funny to listen to music I haven't heard for six or seven years and still remember every word.

My favorite album is easily Paul's Boutique. Every song is crunchy, funny, and with a great beat. Check Your Head and Ill Communication are also excellent albums. I have since bought Five Boroughs and I like it so far. It doesn't hold a candle to Paul's Boutique, but it's still very good.

Any other Beastie fans here?

jay santos 08-21-2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 114591)
A couple of weeks ago I found a stash of old CD's and ripped them onto my iPod. Included in this stash was every Beastie album until Five Boroughs. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed these guys. It's funny to listen to music I haven't heard for six or seven years and still remember every word.

My favorite album is easily Paul's Boutique. Every song is crunchy, funny, and with a great beat. Check Your Head and Ill Communication are also excellent albums. I have since bought Five Boroughs and I like it so far. It doesn't hold a candle to Paul's Boutique, but it's still very good.

Beastie Boys are just alright. But I had a similar experience with Public Enemy recently. My '98 Oldsmobile's so...

il Padrino Ute 08-21-2007 03:57 AM

I liked Beastie Boys when I first heard them in '85 or so, but I soon grew tired of their stuff.

YOhio 08-21-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 114593)
Beastie Boys are just alright. But I had a similar experience with Public Enemy recently. My '98 Oldsmobile's so...

Funny, I also found Fear of Black Planet. I should give it a listen for old times sake. When I was in middle school, Flava Flav came to Price. He was visiting his half-brother Ronnie Stubs, the bball coach at CEU. It was in the newspaper and everything.

il Padrino Ute 08-21-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 114601)
Funny, I also found Fear of Black Planet. I should give it a listen for old times sake. When I was in middle school, Flava Flav came to Price. He was visiting his half-brother Ronnie Stubs, the bball coach at CEU. It was in the newspaper and everything.

Flava Flav in Price, Utah. Wow. That is awesome.

Lost Student 08-21-2007 04:29 AM

this title intentionally left blank

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 114591)

You can count me as a fan.

Although I generally just don't ever listen to music anymore, I really like Paul's Botique. Now I'm going to have to search for it and listen to it...

fusnik11 08-21-2007 04:42 AM

Hello Nasty is their best IMO.

Good mix of old classic B Boys style with a newer sound.

YOhio 08-21-2007 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 114624)

I haven't given that one a fair shake. I've listened to it a few times, but not nearly as much as the others. Once I get sick of the others, I'll have to give it another shot.

Lost Student 08-21-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 114624)

Yes! A lot of good songs between both Hello Nasty and Paul's Botique. Both are my favorites and I can't decide between the two.

Some of my favorite BB songs:

"Egg Man"
"Shadrach"
"The Sounds of Science"
"Intergalactic"
"Sabotage"

I know there are others but I can't remember because it's been so long.

TheSizzle36 08-21-2007 01:13 PM

Absolutely without a doubt a HUGE Beasties fan.

My personal favorite is License to Ill. Love that CD. Solid all the way through.

Paul's Botique is also a good one as is Ill Communication. I'd put those two a step below License to Ill.

Hello Nasty and Check Your Head are right below those three, with To The 5 Burroughs a notch behind.

I absolutely love the Beasties. My favorite song is probably Sure Shot. Also gotta love Brass Monkey, Shadrach, 3 MCs and 1 DJ, Paul Revere, Slow and Low (even though that was originally a Run-DMC song), Hey Ladies, The New Style, and so on and so forth.

So yes, you could call me a fan of the Beasties.