cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rasmussen is a dopin' jerk too (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10155)

creekster 07-20-2007 06:31 PM

Rasmussen is a dopin' jerk too

http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/new...s/12851.0.html

I have never liked Fasmussen, although I am not sure why. This article suggests he may be as big of a jerk as he seems to me.

MikeWaters 07-20-2007 06:36 PM

wow, someone is going to have to poke a stick into his wheel to ensure the survival of the Tour. It will be a disaster if he wins.

creekster 07-20-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 103901)
wow, someone is going to have to poke a stick into his wheel to ensure the survival of the Tour. It will be a disaster if he wins.

DOn't worry, he won't win. ALmost everyone in the top ten will be very near or ahead of him after tomorrow's ITT is my prediciton.

Quisqueyano 07-20-2007 08:14 PM

Slow down.
I think the question needs only to be whether he has doped recently and is that is affecting current results. I personally don't care if he has done it in the past. If he is clean now, and is getting the results he is getting, that is pretty cool.

MikeWaters 07-20-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 103977)
Slow down.
I think the question needs only to be whether he has doped recently and is that is affecting current results. I personally don't care if he has done it in the past. If he is clean now, and is getting the results he is getting, that is pretty cool.

did you miss the part where he was just kicked off his national team for not being in full compliance with their testing procedures (i.e. not available to be tested)?

creekster 07-20-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 103977)
Slow down.

I sort of agree, but I was as disgusted by the way he apparently treated his freind as I was wiht his doping. Plus, there are many rumors about him and his behavior, which led to him being kicked of the national team, as MW noted.

Quisqueyano 07-20-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 103983)
did you miss the part where he was just kicked off his national team for not being in full compliance with their testing procedures (i.e. not available to be tested)?

I read all about that. But that error sounds more clerical than anything.
UCI has reprimanded him but not suspended him. Which leads me to think that there are not any "not negative" results to talk about. And that's what really matters after all. Test him. If they haven't already. If he is dirty now then nail him for it. if he is clean now, let it go.

MikeWaters 07-20-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 104013)
UCI has reprimanded him but not suspended him. Which leads me to think that there are not any "not negative" results to talk about. And that's what really matters after all. Test him. If they haven't already. If he is dirty now then nail him for it. if he is clean now, let it go.

what if he wasn't clean 4 months ago? Do you care?

creekster 07-20-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 104013)

It was clerical, but it could also be that he was avopiding doping controls, which is the reason for the clerical rules. You may have noticed in the artiucle that the product he allegeldy asked his buddy to carry to him in Europe was nto tested for at the time. IOW, the lack of positives do nto mean, necessarily, that he wasn't doping. I find myself in a middle ground. If no poisitve test there should be no sanction but with evidence like this against Rasmussen there should be heightened scrutiny.

MikeWaters 07-20-2007 08:40 PM

Rabobank should kick him off the team right now.