cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lottery Team: Barloworld (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10133)

Archaea 07-19-2007 09:49 PM

Lottery Team: Barloworld

has two more victories in the stages than Disco team.

bluegoose 07-19-2007 10:05 PM

That was an amazing win for Soler the other day. A gutsy move by a virtual unknown on a day when a lot of the big guns weren't exactly taking it easy. Just ask Vino. No question he is signed by a big Euro team after that performance.

Lucky break for their guy today (I forgot his name already).

Its good to see the little guys taking chances and having them pay off.

Archaea 07-19-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 103585)
That was an amazing win for Soler the other day. A gutsy move by a virtual unknown on a day when a lot of the big guns weren't exactly taking it easy. Just ask Vino. No question he is signed by a big Euro team after that performance.

Lucky break for their guy today (I forgot his name already).

Its good to see the little guys taking chances and having them pay off.

Robbie Hunter, a South African.

Yeah Soler's history.

creekster 07-19-2007 10:31 PM

So if you were bruyneel, would you trade teams or GC standings with Barloworld?

Quisqueyano 07-19-2007 10:34 PM

I keep wondering what Disco is waiting for. Are they just going to sit and watch the tour go buy. Or do they actually plan to attack some time.
Levi is 3:30 and some change behimd Rasmussen. He won't get that back in the TT. So they need to attack soon.

creekster 07-19-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quisqueyano (Post 103597)
I keep wondering what Disco is waiting for. Are they just going to sit and watch the tour go buy. Or do they actually plan to attack some time.
Levi is 3:30 and some change behimd Rasmussen. He won't get that back in the TT. So they need to attack soon.

Levi has said that his strategy is to not lose ground in the ALps or the ITTs and to win it in the Pyrenees. He said that he came into the TdF slightly below form and planned to round into shape in the second week in time to attack in thre pyrenees. We'll see.

Btw, 3:30 is nothing for Rasmussen, who can easily lose that much time in EITHER ITT, even to Levi, who is an average ITT guy.

RC Vikings 07-19-2007 10:41 PM

Leipheimer seems content to sit back and just try to follow the attacks and maybe that's all the strength he has. On the other hand Contador looks strong and I expect a big win from him in the Pyrenees.

Quisqueyano 07-19-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 103599)
Levi has said that his strategy is to not lose ground in the ALps or the ITTs and to win it in the Pyrenees. He said that he came into the TdF slightly below form and planned to round into shape in the second week in time to attack in thre pyrenees. We'll see.

Btw, 3:30 is nothing for Rasmussen, who can easily lose that much time in EITHER ITT, even to Levi, who is an average ITT guy.

I'll buy that. But it would be really tough to gain that time on Rasmussen in the mountains. That guy is a machine on the climbs and seems to want to protect the yellow jersey.
I plan to watch the replay of todays stage tonight. But reading the recap, it sounds like a really interesting one with lots of tatics being played out.

RC Vikings 07-19-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 103599)

After Rasmussen took the yellow jersey he was asked if had improved his TT abilities. He said he hadn't been working on it at all. That gap should go down pretty quickly.

SteelBlue 07-19-2007 11:22 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Levi has a history of improving in the second half of the tour. Don't count him out yet.