cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Favorite Christmas Treat? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14802)

Coach McGuirk 12-10-2007 04:14 AM

Favorite Christmas Treat?

On wednesday on this week, I need to bring a christmas goodie to work for my employees. I am trying to stay away from cookies since they were brought 3 times last week. So if you have a recipe you would like to post, I would love to give it a try. I will contribute mine sometime tomorrow.

Thanks!

YOhio 12-10-2007 05:05 AM

We don't really do a whole lot of sweets in our house, but TripletDaddy is has bragged about his churros. That'd be pretty outside the box. He's yet to post a recipe.

TripletDaddy 12-10-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 161303)
We don't really do a whole lot of sweets in our house, but TripletDaddy is has bragged about his churros. That'd be pretty outside the box. He's yet to post a recipe.

Good call on the holiday churros.

Let me ask MMM to get the recipe out and I will post tomorrow.

I do know that to make them, you need to buy some star shaped dough gun. Besides that, I don't think we use anything special by way of ingredients.

Coach McGuirk 12-10-2007 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 161318)
Good call on the holiday churros.

Let me ask MMM to get the recipe out and I will post tomorrow.

I do know that to make them, you need to buy some star shaped dough gun. Besides that, I don't think we use anything special by way of ingredients.

These would be perfect. How would you say they compare to Disneyland churros. Those are kind of my benchmark on churros.

DrumNFeather 12-10-2007 11:57 AM

Divinity is fantastic...I mean, you might as well pour a cup of sugar in your mouth because that is basically what it is...but it is packaged so nice and neat that you can't help but eat 10 in a sitting.

FarrahWaters 12-10-2007 01:16 PM

I'm making toffee this year. I can post a recipe later if you want it.

You could make mini-cheesecakes. I think you put a vanilla wafer (or chocolate cookie, or ginger snap) in a muffin tin, pour a cheesecake batter on top, bake, top with cherry filling. I can find a recipe later ..

Coach McGuirk 12-10-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 161339)
Divinity is fantastic...I mean, you might as well pour a cup of sugar in your mouth because that is basically what it is...but it is packaged so nice and neat that you can't help but eat 10 in a sitting.

You have peaked my interest, what is Divinity?

Coach McGuirk 12-10-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 161344)
I'm making toffee this year. I can post a recipe later if you want it.

You could make mini-cheesecakes. I think you put a vanilla wafer (or chocolate cookie, or ginger snap) in a muffin tin, pour a cheesecake batter on top, bake, top with cherry filling. I can find a recipe later ..

both would be great. I have to do this one a week for December, so most will get used.

TripletDaddy 12-10-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk (Post 161393)
You have peaked my interest, what is Divinity?

Evil colored goo that hardens into a cloud of dense chalk. Often served at Ward parties.

See also: paint spackle.

YOhio 12-10-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 161398)
Evil colored goo that hardens into a cloud of dense chalk. Often served at Ward parties.

See also: paint spackle.

Ghost poop.