cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Eagle Court of Honor for 19 Eagles (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24573)

FMCoug 11-09-2008 06:11 PM

Eagle Court of Honor for 19 Eagles

We're having quite the event in our ward next Sunday. We have 19 Eagles being awarded at the same time. I'd like to claim I was part of it but I've only been here 4 months. Went to a few Eagle projects is all.

Anyway the court is a big deal. All 4 local news stations will be there and there are 4 BYTU players and a coach speaking at it. The governor is not coming but sent a DVD message. And there *may* be GA representation.

I'm trying to get the Scout Committee Chair (a cougar fan) to say "we tried to get U of U players too but we couldn't find any that got past Tenderfoot" when he introduces them.

Quite a feat to get 19 at the same time like that.

Jeff Lebowski 11-09-2008 06:45 PM

19? That's incredible.

TheSizzle36 11-09-2008 06:52 PM

I guess even Eagle Court of Honors are bigger in Texas...

TripletDaddy 11-09-2008 07:48 PM

That is pretty impressive.

Think of all the merit badge work those moms had to do for their boys.

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 292616)
That is pretty impressive.

Think of all the merit badge work those moms had to do for their boys.

It may be that way in California, but here in Utah, we force our kids to do the work.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 292623)
It may be that way in California, but here in Utah, we force our kids to do the work.

In California, we hire illegal alien teenagers to do the work for the American scouters. You can find them in the parking lots of the Boy Scout Council offices. They will run up to your car and offer to do service projects, merit badges, skill awards, hikes, etc...all very cheap.

Clark Addison 11-09-2008 08:45 PM

If you go to the chapel of the ward I grew up in, there is a plaque with all Eagle Scouts on it. I'm sure many of you have ones like it. My name is on it, with a date of over 20 years ago. I am almost certain there are less than 19 names from then to now. I think there are actually about a dozen.

Surfah 11-09-2008 09:05 PM

I never got my Eagle. I got my Star and then quit scouting to the end that I didn't work on any merit badges though I still participated in it as a mutual activity when my schedule permitted.

mpfunk 11-09-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 292623)

No we don't. Plenty of the work for my Eagle Scout was done by other people.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 292637)
No we don't. Plenty of the work for my Eagle Scout was done by other people.

Just look at all the 14 year old kids getting their Eagle Scout in Utah. Enough said.