cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Alrighty then... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12071)

il Padrino Ute 09-23-2007 08:48 PM

Alrighty then...

That was, well, interesting.

It appears the Utes are a rather schizophrenic team this year.

No worries. I'll still have fun at the games.

Brian 09-23-2007 11:13 PM

Yes.
a possible 4 win season.

Well, it could be worse. At least we don't wear blue.

Colly Wolly 09-24-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 126908)
Yes.
a possible 4 win season.

Well, it could be worse. At least we don't wear blue.

Yeah, if that were the case, your team would be poised to repeat as conference champs. That would suck.

il Padrino Ute 09-24-2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 126930)
Yeah, if that were the case, your team would be poised to repeat as conference champs. That would suck.

I'm ok with the Utes losing. I'd rather be a Ute fan and lose because
I'm a Ute fan.

Can I assume that you BYU fans here are no different than I?

Brian 09-24-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 126930)

Better to take the high road.
The righteous will have their reward, not in the lucre of the here and now.

0-12 and red is better than the alternative.
A utah man sir, and will be till I die!

Archaea 09-24-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 126933)
I'm ok with the Utes losing. I'd rather be a Ute fan and lose because
I'm a Ute fan.

Can I assume that you BYU fans here are no different than I?

I dunno.

You're my friend, so if you must endure the pain of losses, I don't like it, but if one of must lose and the other must win, I'd prefer winning to losing.

il Padrino Ute 09-24-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 126948)
I dunno.

You're my friend, so if you must endure the pain of losses, I don't like it, but if one of must lose and the other must win, I'd prefer winning to losing.

Understood. But remember, I'm one of those folks who feels the sting of a loss for only a short period. When I woke up this morning, it was gone.

I just like watching zoobs squirm when BYU loses. (But it is amusing to see the zoots fret as well.)

WJCougar 09-25-2007 03:49 AM

It is good to be a Cougar Fan

You can be a Yewt.....you'll be just fine. Around 2014 to 2015 the Yewt will be conference champs again. As for now, being a Cougar fan is great, and I'll take a conference championship over a meaningless 44-6 win over UCLA and a 27-0 loss to UNLV.

nikuman 09-25-2007 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 126951)
Understood. But remember, I'm one of those folks who feels the sting of a loss for only a short period. When I woke up this morning, it was gone.

I just like watching zoobs squirm when BYU loses. (But it is amusing to see the zoots fret as well.)

This is how I feel too. I was mad after the Tulsa loss, but the next morning I went about my business. I love to win, but I don't go into a depression-filled downward spiral after a loss. I suspect a good deal of fans on either side are the same, but we both have enough that visiting Utefans after a Ute loss is great entertainment and I avoid CB for a few days after a BYU stinker.

il Padrino Ute 09-25-2007 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJCougar (Post 127429)
You can be a Yewt.....you'll be just fine. Around 2014 to 2015 the Yewt will be conference champs again. As for now, being a Cougar fan is great, and I'll take a conference championship over a meaningless 44-6 win over UCLA and a 27-0 loss to UNLV.

Yawn.

Same old ecuaboy. Try something new, will ya?