cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   about the Jazz... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4762)

MikeWaters 10-25-2006 01:45 AM

about the Jazz...

just realized that with my slingbox, I can actually watch them play for the first time in years (except for the occasional game in the past).

Maybe I can be a fan again.

il Padrino Ute 10-25-2006 02:20 AM

I don't know what to expect from the Jazz this year. It used to be easy back in the days of Stockton to Malone.

One thing that hasn't changed is that Sloan can still kick any of his players' hineys if they wanted to challenge him.

Surfah 10-25-2006 03:06 AM

As a Lakers fan, I really think the Jazz can be good. I love Deron Williams. The kid is going to be a star. I just don't know how long the Jazz will be able to hold onto him. My only questions for the Jazz are for the future. With Fisher and some of the other contracts they've got, it's going to be difficult to make this team any better except through the draft in the coming years.

If everyone stays healthy I really think that the Jazz are a lock for the playoffs. I don't think they're a second round playoff team but they'll be a 6-7-8 seed for sure.

TheSizzle36 10-25-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 42258)
As a Lakers fan, I really think the Jazz can be good. I love Deron Williams. The kid is going to be a star. I just don't know how long the Jazz will be able to hold onto him. My only questions for the Jazz are for the future. With Fisher and some of the other contracts they've got, it's going to be difficult to make this team any better except through the draft in the coming years.

If everyone stays healthy I really think that the Jazz are a lock for the playoffs. I don't think they're a second round playoff team but they'll be a 6-7-8 seed for sure.

With Fisher and Harpring's 4 year contracts, the Jazz are pretty much locked into this team for the next 4 years. So they have 4 years to hope that Deron, Brewer or CJ Miles develop and they can have a pretty legit starting 5. If it doesn't work, after 4 years the only deals that will still be on the books are Deron and AK (and likely Brewer). If you ask me, that is still a pretty solid nucleus to build around.

SteelBlue 10-25-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 42245)
just realized that with my slingbox, I can actually watch them play for the first time in years (except for the occasional game in the past).

Maybe I can be a fan again.

You live in Dallas and you want to be a Jazz fan again? Ugh.

RockyBalboa 10-25-2006 08:17 PM

At 7-11 yesterday I saw Ronnie Brewer buying one of those cherry flavored mini-cigar cigarette thingamabobs.

That is all.

TheSizzle36 10-25-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 42382)
At 7-11 yesterday I saw Ronnie Brewer buying one of those cherry flavored mini-cigar cigarette thingamabobs.

That is all.

Big Times or Prime Times or whatever they are called? I think it is prime times...

Surfah 10-25-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 42384)
Big Times or Prime Times or whatever they are called? I think it is prime times...

Swisher sweets?