cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How bad will the ratings be for the World Series? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23812)

Hot Lunch 10-20-2008 03:47 AM

How bad will the ratings be for the World Series?

Yes I am extremely disappointed that the dodgers are not there and that has nothing to do with this post. Seriously though, is anyone going to watch the Rays and the Phillies? The Rays making it to the Series is great for baseball and shows that you don't need the big payroll to make it there but the ratings IMO are probably going to be horrible for the Series.

TripletDaddy 10-20-2008 03:55 AM

I don't care one bit about the World Series.

Of all the matchups that could have come out of the post-season, Cubs, Dodgers, Red Sox......this one was amongst the least interesting.

il Padrino Ute 10-20-2008 04:09 AM

If there was a Nielsen box at my house, it would show that the Series is being watched at my house.

I don't care who is playing - I always watch the Series. It's for the championship of my favorite sport.

Cali Coug 10-20-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 281615)
I don't care one bit about the World Series.

Of all the matchups that could have come out of the post-season, Cubs, Dodgers, Red Sox......this one was amongst the least interesting.

Among the least interesting? I don't think there was another combination that could have been less interesting than this one.

SteelBlue 10-20-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 281615)

I'd go one step further and say that this is absolutely the least interesting.

TripletDaddy 10-20-2008 04:55 AM

Well, Milwaukee vs Tampa wouldn't exactly threaten the final episode of MASH, either.

Surfah 10-20-2008 01:13 PM

I am not thrilled to see this series at all. Though, once the Phillies beat the Dodgers I was hoping that the Rays beat the Sox. So I guess I got what I wanted.

DrumNFeather 10-20-2008 01:59 PM

Baseball really needs to figure out a way to end its season earlier. Having the world series in the middle of the football season is stupid...not to mention the fact that there is little to no interest in the teams playing.

il Padrino Ute 10-20-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 281677)
Baseball really needs to figure out a way to end its season earlier. Having the world series in the middle of the football season is stupid...not to mention the fact that there is little to no interest in the teams playing.

Baseball should dump the wild card and return to just and east and west division in each league. Division champs play each other for the pennant then the world series.

I'd even be for returning to a 144 game season as it was in the golden era of baseball.

TripletDaddy 10-20-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 281909)
Baseball should dump the wild card and return to just and east and west division in each league. Division champs play each other for the pennant then the world series.

I'd even be for returning to a 144 game season as it was in the golden era of baseball.

Also, get rid of the designated hitter and make the pitcher swing his bat like a real ball player.

And no more of this starting pitcher going 5 or 6 innings crap.