cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2 Utes and 1 future ute stabbed last night....... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16084)

cougjunkie 01-21-2008 12:27 AM

2 Utes and 1 future ute stabbed last night.......

Paul Kruger and Greg Newman were both stabbed in SLC last night, Kruger was stabbed twice once in the stomach and once in the lung. His lung collapse he is out of surgery and doing ok. Newman was stabbed with a screw driver and he was treated and released.

Future cougar David Kruger was hit in the back of the head with brass knuckles and recieved several stitches.

No other information has been released/

TheSizzle36 01-21-2008 12:51 AM

That's awful. Hopefully they are alright. Best wishes go out to them.

SteelBlue 01-21-2008 01:24 AM

Brass knuckles, what is this, 1930? Any idea what happened and why someone was so intent on seriously injuring/killing them?

cougjunkie 01-21-2008 01:37 AM

I just talked to a source.

He is actually quoted in the article on abc4. He is my nieces fiance, anyways. I just talked to him and he said the Krugers and Newman were leaving a party where several ute players were. As they were walking down the street a car pulled up and started yelling stuff to them. One of the players flipped the car off, and then someone threw a snowball at the car. The car went around the block, came back and second car pulled up (they were about 2 blocks from the party) 8 hispanics jumped out and a fight ensued. It was essentially 3 against 8. When the guys inside the house heard about it they ran outside and the guys were speeding away. Paul was laying in the street and Newman had already called 911.

They said they had no idea who these guys were and they were not at the party.

MikeWaters 01-21-2008 01:41 AM

don't start something you can't finish, right?

they are lucky to be alive.

mpfunk 01-21-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 176583)

He is actually quoted in the article on abc4. He is my nieces fiance, anyways. I just talked to him and he said the Krugers and Newman were leaving a party where several ute players were. As they were walking down the street a car pulled up and started yelling stuff to them. One of the players flipped the car off, and then someone threw a snowball at the car. The car went around the block, came back and second car pulled up (they were about 2 blocks from the party) 8 hispanics jumped out and a fight ensued. It was essentially 3 against 8. When the guys inside the house heard about it they ran outside and the guys were speeding away. Paul was laying in the street and Newman had already called 911.

I'm just glad none of those people had a gun. I hope the police catch those people.

cougjunkie 01-21-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 176584)
don't start something you can't finish, right?

they are lucky to be alive.

I am guessing Newman who is listed at 6'4 260 and both Krugers who are roughly 6'5 265 woudl have been just fine against 8 mexicans without weapons.

SteelBlue 01-21-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 176586)
I'm just glad none of those people had a gun.

That's what I was thinking.

TripletDaddy 01-21-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 176583)

8 hispanics? Maybe BDB was right....

cougjunkie 01-21-2008 02:37 AM

If you live in utah, watch the Fox 13 news at 9 and you will see my nephew. He was an eye witness.