cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anyone care to explain Texas getting. . . (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7034)

Insensitive PAP 03-12-2007 11:12 PM

Anyone care to explain Texas getting. . .

a 4 seed and BYU getting an 8 seed? This thing is so rigged.

ute4ever 03-12-2007 11:22 PM

Texas was willing to play in either the Thu/Sat or the Fri/Sun games, but since not all 65 teams are that cordial, it caused some shuffling around. The chain reaction resulted in Texas being bumped from a 5 to a 4, and BYU sliding from a 6 to a 7.

Additionally, there is a rule that a conference champion will not face any teams from its conference within the same bracket. For example, note that in Florida's bracket there are no other SEC teams.

That resulted in more shuffling around, and with BYU restricting itself to Thu/Sat availability only, slid them from a 7 to an 8.

RockyBalboa 03-12-2007 11:26 PM

I'm still wondering how Vanderbilt got a #6 seed.

SeattleUte 03-13-2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP (Post 65413)

You've got to be kidding. The pundits say Texas will beat North Carolina. Texas has the best player in the country. I'm a Georgetown fan and am thankful GU is a 2 seed not a 1 so it can play Wazu or whoever beats Wazu instead of Texas if it gets to the Sweet 16. Texas would dismember BYU. It wouldn't be pretty. Texas is underseeded.

Jeff Lebowski 03-13-2007 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 65450)
You've got to be kidding. The pundits say Texas will beat North Carolina. Texas has the best player in the country. I'm a Georgetown fan and am thankful GU is a 2 seed not a 1 so it can play Wazu or whoever beats Wazu instead of Texas if it gets to the Sweet 16. Texas would dismember BYU. It wouldn't be pretty. Texas is underseeded.

Amen, brother. Amen.

Go Horns.

Insensitive PAP 03-13-2007 08:39 AM

Texas sucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 65450)

The numbers confirm it. RPI, bad, record, bad, quality wins, bad, road wins, bad, SOS, BAD.

Zulu451 03-13-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP (Post 65413)

The answer to this is VERY EASY: Kevin Durant

Until you have seen this guy play, you haven't seen anything. He could easily start for 75% of the NBA teams right now. He is what Lebron James would have been at the college level.

Fact is that Texas would evicerate BYU, Durant would hang 50 points on them being double covered the entire game. He put up 37 against Kansas, who is a really good defensive team. He averaged about 30 points in two games against Texas A&M who is the best defensive team in the country.

Just having Durant makes Texas a 4th seed.

Watch this guy, he is unbelievable.

All this comming from someone who literally hates TU.

RockyBalboa 03-13-2007 05:17 PM

I know the consensus among the NBA is that when a potentially great big man is available in the draft,,,,that being Oden,,,you take him, but if I'm a G.M. drafting #1 this year I take Kevin Durrant.

He'll be an All-Star his rookie season and a superstar in a very short time. He's the best player I've seen in college in a very long time.

Archaea 03-13-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu451 (Post 65460)
The answer to this is VERY EASY: Kevin Durant

Until you have seen this guy play, you haven't seen anything. He could easily start for 75% of the NBA teams right now. He is what Lebron James would have been at the college level.

Fact is that Texas would evicerate BYU, Durant would hang 50 points on them being double covered the entire game. He put up 37 against Kansas, who is a really good defensive team. He averaged about 30 points in two games against Texas A&M who is the best defensive team in the country.

Just having Durant makes Texas a 4th seed.

Watch this guy, he is unbelievable.

All this comming from someone who literally hates TU.

If he's such a superstar, why does Texas have any losses?

RockyBalboa 03-13-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 65516)
If he's such a superstar, why does Texas have any losses?

Does a team with a superstar or two ever go undefeated anymore?