cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mr. and Mrs. Smith (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=958)

Jeff Lebowski 12-28-2005 08:18 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

I watched it on DVD last night. While 90 minutes of watching Angelina Jolie can never be considered a waste of time, I was pretty disappointed with this movie. It is kind of like "Spy Kids" but with adult actors. Either way, you have to check in your brain at the door in order to enjoy it. And that shootout at the end had to be one of the most ridiculous endings that I can remember in cinema. :roll:

non sequitur 12-28-2005 09:06 PM

Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeboy
Either way, you have to check in your brain at the door in order to enjoy it. And that shootout at the end had to be one of the most ridiculous endings that I can remember in cinema. :roll:

I don't care if Angelina Jolie does a remake of Ernest Goes to Camp, I'm still going to watch it. As long as she continues to wear those form-fit slacks and peanut-smuggling tops, I'll always be a fan.

UteStar 12-28-2005 09:17 PM

I actually really enjoyed it...the interaction between the two was fun and the action was pretty intense. It was fun. With that said, I will agree on the ending, specifically the last 15 minutes. They could have had a much more enjoyable and more believable ending than what they decided to go with. It was a pretty brutal way to end a very entertaining movie.

Jeff Lebowski 12-28-2005 09:26 PM

Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur
I don't care if Angelina Jolie does a remake of Ernest Goes to Camp, I'm still going to watch it. As long as she continues to wears thos form-fit slacks and peanut-smuggling tops, I'll always be a fan.

Amen to that!

SoCalCoug 12-28-2005 09:34 PM

I haven't seen this one, but there's one husband & wife spy movie from about 10 years ago that I thought was very funny - Undercover Blues, with Kathleen Turner and Dennis Quaid.

Rickomatic 12-29-2005 07:04 PM

Forget the last 15 minutes and this is a very entertaining movie. I don't watch an action flick to have my mind stimulated. The two actors have a good chemistry. That helped this movie along. Brad Pitt plays dumb a little too well.

non sequitur 12-29-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickomatic
Brad Pitt plays dumb a little too well.

Brad Pitt is an underrated actor. He has developed a pretty boy image and has ended up doing a lot of fluff action movies, but in some of his earlier movies he demonstrated he is a gifted dramatic actor. I wish he'd go back to doing movies like 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Kalifornia, Legends of the Fall, Snatch, etc.

Rickomatic 12-29-2005 07:22 PM

12 Monkeys was a movie that I really enjoyed. It made me think. He can act, but he tries to get by with his looks too much.

Jeff Lebowski 12-30-2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickomatic
Brad Pitt plays dumb a little too well.

Brad Pitt is an underrated actor. He has developed a pretty boy image and has ended up doing a lot of fluff action movies, but in some of his earlier movies he demonstrated he is a gifted dramatic actor. I wish he'd go back to doing movies like 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Kalifornia, Legends of the Fall, Snatch, etc.

Amen. Snatch was awesome.

Nobody Special 12-31-2005 12:16 AM

I feel the exact same way homeboy felt about the movie. Half way through it the only reason I was watching it was because of her.

Pretty lame weekend for our rentals, Mr & Mrs Smith, Mobsters & Mormons and Sky High.

Sadly of the three of them, Sky High was far and away the best.