cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Question for beer drinkers (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23596)

YOhio 10-14-2008 03:41 AM

Question for beer drinkers

Does it really matter if the beer is kept cold from the time it leaves Golden, Colorado?

cougjunkie 10-14-2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 278892)
Does it really matter if the beer is kept cold from the time it leaves Golden, Colorado?

Do leftovers taste the same as when they are cooked fresh? You dont like to heat something up, let it cool down and heat it again. It always tastes different.

So why would you frost brew something, then let it get hot in a truck, and then cool it down again?

il Padrino Ute 10-14-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 278899)
Do leftovers taste the same as when they are cooked fresh? You dont like to heat something up, let it cool down and heat it again. It always tastes different.

That would depend on what is leftover. Stuffing the day after Thanksgiving is awesome, especially with a turkey sandwich.

hyrum 10-14-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Beer leaves that brewery?
Perhaps the urea in it starts to smell at higher temperatures?

YOhio 10-14-2008 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 278906)
Beer leaves that brewery?
Perhaps the urea in it starts to smell at higher temperatures?

That's just what the commercials say. I'm just trying to figure out why Coors has created a marketing campaign based solely on the temperature of their beer.

MikeWaters 10-14-2008 04:31 AM

The reason for all the beer ad campaigns is because it is essentially the same product fighting for market share.

When you can't win on the merits, you win with gimmicks and brand loyalty. Born-on date. Blue can. Draft horses. Dalmation. Famous football players. etc.

SeattleUte 10-14-2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 278912)
The reason for all the beer ad campaigns is because it is essentially the same product fighting for market share.

When you can't win on the merits, you win with gimmicks and brand loyalty. Born-on date. Blue can. Draft horses. Dalmation. Famous football players. etc.

LOL. I don't know the answer to YOhio's question, but this is nonsense, I know. All beers are not the same. They're not like cigarettes or vodka. I do think there's not much difference between Coors and Budweiser, that's true. But among more toney beers there are infinite permutations, for better or worse. And put that last clause in italics. Because I like insipid American beers better than a lot of "craft beers." I always like a pilsener or pale lager best. Which is probably why I favor the Japanese beers, Saporo or Asahi.

landpoke 10-14-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Yes and no. You don't want beer to get hot for a long period of time or it will, for lack of a better term, spoil. Basically it will become vinegary much the same as wine does if left in a hot car for too long. So, to answer your question, room temperature is fine and being kept cold from the time it leaves the brewery is just a marketing gimmick.

That being said, American macro brews are lacking in the qualities (taste) that are found in craft and many European brews. Thus keeping the beer cold covers up many of the taste flaws and "enhances drinkability."

Finally, I love Coors.

TripletDaddy 10-14-2008 01:38 PM

Shipping beer in refrigerated trucks is simply a marketing gimmick.

Sincerely,

Creamy Nougat in candy bars
Nooks and crannies in Thomas's English Muffins
Retsin in Certs

SeattleUte 10-14-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 278935)
Finally, I love Coors.

Let's be clear on this. This is a political, not a culinary, statement.