cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How many men here had hair long enough to wear a poneytail or wore one? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8506)

Archaea 05-21-2007 11:54 PM

How many men here had hair long enough to wear a poneytail or wore one?

I rued the day I had to cut my hair to attend BYU. My friends were at Stanford and I had a nerdy cut at BYU.

Now I never wore a ponytail, but my hair was longer than my sister's. Hey, those were the seventies and it was coooool. In the summer, it was hot, but not in a good way.

I know Noah was a long-haired hippie. (I never had an ear piercing, only cool black guys could pull that off way back when).

Does anybody my genre remember when you wore boxer shorts that hung out the cutoffs, and the shorts were tent imes longer than the cutoffs?

Of course we had all sorts of great style points.

BigFatMeanie 05-22-2007 12:28 AM

In high school I had the classic Beatles mop top. Never got it to ponytail length.

creekster 05-22-2007 12:49 AM

I had very long hair in HS. I thought it was very cool at the time. Looking a( photos now I erelize it looked like crap (crude, but accurate).

BarbaraGordon 05-22-2007 12:52 AM

I had a close friend who had hair as long as mine. He was heartbroken when he had to cut it off to go to Falwell's school.

Archaea 05-22-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 83684)
I had very long hair in HS. I thought it was very cool at the time. Looking a( photos now I erelize it looked like crap (crude, but accurate).

Did you also have a goatee?

I can't imagine you with long, long hair.

I remember one of the first landlords in Provo Orem as I drove up before hair cut. The nice Mormon lady, stated, "well the hair's way too long, but you have nice eyes." I thought I was a Beach Boy or something, but in Utah that went over like a lead balloon.

creekster 05-22-2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 83688)
Did you also have a goatee?

I can't imagine you with long, long hair.

I remember one of the first landlords in Provo Orem as I drove up before hair cut. The nice Mormon lady, stated, "well the hair's way too long, but you have nice eyes." I thought I was a Beach Boy or something, but in Utah that went over like a lead balloon.

No goatee. That came later and didn't last very long.

You a beach boy? Sounds like you have a new spot in the karaoke competition.

MikeWaters 05-22-2007 01:39 AM

When I finished BYU and went to med school, I stopped shaving and didn't cut my hair. Until one of the girls said I looked like Che Guevara.

danimal 05-22-2007 01:46 AM

In high school and freshman year at byu I had a giant afro, but never a pony tail. My hair goes up, not down.

My older brother had shoulder length hair that was shaven underneath. he thought it was sweet, but it was nappy.

creekster 05-22-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danimal (Post 83698)
My older brother had shoulder length hair that was shaven underneath. he thought it was sweet, but it was nappy.

Like the singer for No Doubt? Nappy is not the word that came to my mind, but it'll do.

il Padrino Ute 05-22-2007 02:05 AM

I had that hair was shoulder length when I was in school. I pulled it into a ponytail to play ball, as it was a hassle with the catcher mask on if it wasn't pulled back.