cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dollhouse (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25847)

MikeWaters 04-15-2009 08:14 PM

Dollhouse

Farrah is trying to get me into this series.

She is a Whedon fan. She has watched much of Buffy the Vampire. We have both watched the short-lived series Firefly.

So I have watched a couple of episodes now of Dollhouse.

One of the episodes was bad and boring.

The other two were ok.

It makes me appreciate the writers on Lost, who have really defied the odds in creating an interesting arc over several years.

On another note, am I the only one getting tired of The Office?

il Padrino Ute 04-15-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 303698)
Farrah is trying to get me into this series.

She is a Whedon fan. She has watched much of Buffy the Vampire. We have both watched the short-lived series Firefly.

So I have watched a couple of episodes now of Dollhouse.

One of the episodes was bad and boring.

The other two were ok.

It makes me appreciate the writers on Lost, who have really defied the odds in creating an interesting arc over several years.

No, The Office is no longer a funny show.

SoCalCoug 04-17-2009 12:24 AM

When we'd see the promos for Dollhouse, my wife made fun of me for thinking about giving it a shot. Then she watched one and it became one of her favorite shows.

I think it has a lot of potential.

marsupial 04-17-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 303698)

It's not as funny as it used to be and I miss the sexual tension between Jim and Pam now that they are engaged and Roy/Karen are no longer in the picture. I still watch it faithfully though.

RedHeadGal 04-17-2009 04:13 PM

I have never seen Dollhouse. I have never seen Lost. I have never seen The Office. It pains me to write all of this, as I consider myself to be a big fan of tv. When I get my dream job as a tv columnist, fortunately I'll have much more time to watch tv all the time--I'll have to, as it will be for work.

Having said all that, I can discuss at legnth the Real Housewives of [wherever] any time. Sadly, I doubt I'll have many discussion participants for that thread around here.

MikeWaters 04-17-2009 04:19 PM

I don't get people who watch things like 24, but don't watch LOST.

LOST uses 24 for toilet paper.

Reality TV just plain sucks.

RedHeadGal 04-17-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 303806)
I don't get people who watch things like 24, but don't watch LOST.

LOST uses 24 for toilet paper.

Reality TV just plain sucks.

Who says I watch 24? Never seen that either. Don't you see? I'm pained that there is not more time in my life for tv.

Btw, I mainly only hear people complain about Lost.

MikeWaters 04-17-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 303808)
Who says I watch 24? Never seen that either. Don't you see? I'm pained that there is not more time in my life for tv.

Btw, I mainly only hear people complain about Lost.

People complain because they are stupid. "I want the answers right now!"

The irony of a Real Housewives fan bagging on LOST. Funny.

bluegoose 04-21-2009 07:04 PM

The Office is getting a little tired, but it is still good, cheap entertainment.

The only three shows I watch regularly are The Office, 30 Rock and LOST. All of them are still great, as far as I am concerned. Honestly I thought LOST was headed down the drain a couple of seasons ago, but it has rallied nicely and is still the best show on tv, imo.

MikeWaters 04-21-2009 07:21 PM

Just as soon as I say The Office sucks, the last episode was decent. A couple of LOL moments.