cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Closing Ceremonies (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21821)

Jeff Lebowski 08-25-2008 04:33 PM

Closing Ceremonies

Pretty cool, but a bit of a letdown after the opening. The London bus thing was kind of lame.

I was looking forward to seeing Page, but that was a shocker to see how old he is. As if I need another reminder of my mortality.

And the audio for the broadcast was awful. Anyone else notice that?

landpoke 08-25-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 256804)
Pretty cool, but a bit of a letdown after the opening. The London bus thing was kind of lame.

I was looking forward to seeing Page, but that was a shocker to see how old he is. As if I need another reminder of my mortality.

What? The "Hey, here's some random famous British people" bit didn't get you pumped for London 2012? Beckham was there. BECKHAM.

As an aside, can Beckham talk? I don't believe I've ever seen/heard him speak. He's always just sort of there smiling stupidly.

Flystripper 08-25-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 256805)
What? The "Hey, here's some random famous British people" bit didn't get you pumped for London 2012? Beckham was there. BECKHAM.

As an aside, can Beckham talk? I don't believe I've ever seen/heard him speak. He's always just sort of there smiling stupidly.

He does not talk much because he has a girlie voice. True story.

Indy Coug 08-25-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 256804)

Mike Myers has been contacted to script the London Opening Ceremonies.

Levin 08-25-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 256808)
Mike Myers has been contacted to script the London Opening Ceremonies.

Seriously. It was awful. My wife and I were bashing the randomness and vulgarity of it, when she said, "Now watch, Beckham will come out." Ten seconds later, here comes Beckham.

You choose umbrellas as the symbol for your Olympics? Please.

Jeff Lebowski 08-25-2008 04:51 PM

Anyone notice how awkward the mayor of London looked? He got up on the stage and couldn't make up his mind where to put his hands.

Levin 08-25-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 256811)
Anyone notice how awkward the mayor of London looked? He got up on the stage and couldn't make up his mind where to put his hands.

I noticed that too; I chuckled out loud a little, b/c he looked like Chris Farley standing next to a set of starched shirts.

MikeWaters 08-25-2008 04:55 PM

London. Gloomy olympics with the specter of terrorist attacks throughout.

Indy Coug 08-25-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 256813)
London. Gloomy olympics with the specter of terrorist attacks throughout.

On the bright side, there are more gay entertainers per capita in England than any other country in the world.

mpfunk 08-25-2008 05:07 PM

People actually watch the opening and closing ceremonies?