cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   On the VP debate .... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23217)

Tex 10-03-2008 03:17 PM

On the VP debate ....

What a great job Sarah Palin did! And how poorly Biden did! And media pundits that think otherwise, it's because they're liberally biased!

That's my feeling.

creekster 10-03-2008 03:18 PM

I knew you were going to say that!

MikeWaters 10-03-2008 03:19 PM

On a serious note, I watched about 30min of the debate.

I thought Palin was doing ok, if the measure of doing ok is "don't make an embarrasment of yourself."

But I never got an idea of what MESSAGE Palin had, that would make me want to support McCain. And there is her FAIL.

Win goes to Biden, who had a very clear message--if you elect McCain, you will get the same ol' same ol' from the Republicans that you have come to hate. That's a simple, effective message that will carry a lot of weight with independents, esp. when McCain has no message.

The McCain message, as far as I can tell is this: I was right on Iraq, and I will fight pork-barrel spending. Ok. FAIL.

YOhio 10-03-2008 03:24 PM

Most forced line of the night: Say it ain't so Joe there ya go agin.

marsupial 10-03-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 273959)
On a serious note, I watched about 30min of the debate.

I thought Palin was doing ok, if the measure of doing ok is "don't make an embarrasment of yourself."

But I never got an idea of what MESSAGE Palin had, that would make me want to support McCain. And there is her FAIL.

Win goes to Biden, who had a very clear message--if you elect McCain, you will get the same ol' same ol' from the Republicans that you have come to hate. That's a simple, effective message that will carry a lot of weight with independents, esp. when McCain has no message.

The McCain message, as far as I can tell is this: I was right on Iraq, and I will fight pork-barrel spending. Ok. FAIL.

I thought her message was "I live in Alaska, so I know about energy. Please don't ask me to comment about anything else."

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 03:53 PM

I wish I had a dollar for every time she used the word "maverick".

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 04:04 PM

Also, the debate brought up another pet peeve of mine. If a person is in line to have their finger on the button, he/she should at least know how to pronounce "nuclear". Even my kids were cringing and laughing each time she said "nucular weaponry". How do you go through all the preparation for a debate and miss this?

TripletDaddy 10-03-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274017)
Also, the debate brought up another pet peeve of mine. If a person is in line to have their finger on the button, he/she should at least know how to pronounce "nuclear". Even my kids were cringing and laughing each time she said "nucular weaponry". How do you go through all the preparation for a debate and miss this?

W used to say nucular a lot during his first term. I think someone finally pulled him aside a few years ago and told him.

I did notice that Palin busted out the old "Joe Six Pack Hockey Mom" again, too. The more she says that, the more I realize that she IS just one of us....I'm going to vote for her!

MikeWaters 10-03-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 274020)
W used to say nucular a lot during his first term. I think someone finally pulled him aside a few years ago and told him.

I did notice that Palin busted out the old "Joe Six Pack Hockey Mom" again, too. The more she says that, the more I realize that she IS just one of us....I'm going to vote for her!

No you're not. She didn't say "Sigur Ros".

Tex 10-03-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274017)

I hope that Palin wins for no other reason than so that you can continue to maintain your sense of superiority in nucLEAR proliferation.