cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I was caught up in Romney fever for a time (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8404)

MikeWaters 05-17-2007 02:24 PM

I was caught up in Romney fever for a time

and then when his "we should double Gitmo" statement came out, I suddenly realized something: almost nothing distinguishes Mitt from Bush.

The guys on cougarboard couldn't even tell me how Mitt differed from Bush on the issues.

If you really, really look at the facts: there is very little to suggest that Mitt is principled, and A LOT of evidence to suggest that he is not.

Sorry Mitt, I am off the bandwagon.

BarbaraGordon 05-17-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 82549)

If you really, really look at the facts: there is very little to suggest that Mitt is principled, and A LOT of evidence to suggest that he is not.

Congratulations! But this begs the question, is there a better bandwagon?

Indy Coug 05-17-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 82549)
and then when his "we should double Gitmo" statement came out, I suddenly realized something: almost nothing distinguishes Mitt from Bush.

The guys on cougarboard couldn't even tell me how Mitt differed from Bush on the issues.

Sorry, but posting the same thing here as you did on Cougarboard doesn't change the fact that you are being extremely disingenuous when you claim you were caught up in Romney fever. We all know better than that.

MikeWaters 05-17-2007 02:32 PM

I'm not lying. I was going to donate money to him. And then I was going to trumpet the fact that I had, and Tex and Snipe had not.

I've never voted for a democrat for President, and voted for Bush twice.

Shows you how stupid I am.

Indy Coug 05-17-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 82552)
I'm not lying. I was going to donate money to him. And then I was going to trumpet the fact that I had, and Tex and Snipe had not.

Well, I can easily see why. You were simply motivated to annoy Tex and Snipe, not by Romney himself.

MikeWaters 05-17-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 82553)
Well, I can easily see why. You were simply motivated to annoy Tex and Snipe, not by Romney himself.

No. It's called two birds with one stone. Trust me, I don't spend money to just annoy Tex and Snipe.

Jefe, on the other hand.... :)

Tex 05-17-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 82552)

I've never voted for a democrat for President, and voted for Bush twice.

Shows you how stupid I am.

You are kinda stupid if you think you know to whom and how much I've donated.

Jeff Lebowski 05-17-2007 02:54 PM

LOL. Nice sig line there, Tex.

MikeWaters 05-17-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 82563)
You are kinda stupid if you think you know to whom and how much I've donated.

Let me guess, you spend 10% of your income on charitable donations.

LOL.

I know, I know, it's very private and you can't say.

I like you Mex. You're always good for a laugh.

Tex 05-17-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 82564)
LOL. Nice sig line there, Tex.

Thanks! I have a nice "respectful" quote from SoCalCoug too, but ran out of room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 82568)
Let me guess, you spend 10% of your income on charitable donations.

LOL.

I know, I know, it's very private and you can't say.

I like you Mex. You're always good for a laugh.

I wasn't talking about tithing. And lest we forget, I did donate to your fallen friend's fund.