cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Weekly weigh-in (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20762)

SteelBlue 08-15-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 252881)

One question for those that lift a lot....is it truly possible to max out or lift really strenuously without a workout partner to spot you? Seems like you get a better workout and can push yourself more if someone is there to spot you on those last few reps.

You should never max out alone, ever. If you're lifting heavy then you'd be crazy not to have a partner to spot you. Just don't get a partner so short that you get tea bagged when he spots you on the bench.

Jeff Lebowski 08-15-2008 01:57 AM

OK folks. I have getting in on this. I run, bike, and lift weights, but I don't control my eating like I should. I think I eat a decent mix of healthy foods overall, but I just eat way too much. I am currently at 212 and want to be at 190 or less by my anniversary (late november). Here we go.

Runner Coug 08-15-2008 03:24 AM

Nice to see some more fellas jumping on the weight loss wagon. Good luck guys.

RC Vikings 08-15-2008 05:04 AM

Back down to 192. I'm having a tough time breaking the 190 barrier. Staying up late every night watching the Olympics isn't helping because that's when I like to snack.

RC Vikings 08-15-2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 252905)
Just don't get a partner so short that you get tea bagged when he spots you on the bench.

Good advice to live by.

SteelBlue 08-15-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 252953)
Back down to 192. I'm having a tough time breaking the 190 barrier. Staying up late every night watching the Olympics isn't helping because that's when I like to snack.

I hit the 192 mark today as well. How tall are you? Are we brothers in 6' 1" 190ness?

RC Vikings 08-15-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 252959)
I hit the 192 mark today as well. How tall are you? Are we brothers in 6' 1" 190ness?

I'm 6' 2". I'm not going to get any draft from Arch and he can just tuck right in.

ewth8tr 08-16-2008 06:47 PM

I'm still 195 today, but considering midweek I weighed in at 198 after my wife made a few cakes that I kept snacking on, I don't feel too bad about 195. I only got out to run once this week since I have been staying up too late watching the olympics so I haven't been able to wake up early enough to run before work.

Jeff Lebowski 08-16-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 252915)
OK folks. I have getting in on this. I run, bike, and lift weights, but I don't control my eating like I should. I think I eat a decent mix of healthy foods overall, but I just eat way too much. I am currently at 212 and want to be at 190 or less by my anniversary (late november). Here we go.

I had a physical on Friday. Doctor told me to lose 20 lbs. He also said that he recommends losing about one half pound per week. One pound per week max. So I may need to stretch out my horizon a bit.

Also found out that I have low thyroid levels. He says my new meds will boost my metabolism, hence assisting in the weight loss.

Coach McGuirk 08-17-2008 02:59 PM

I weighed 247 after riding from salem over mount nebo to nephi. That is the waterboarding of cycling climbs. I have never see so many false summits. I will not be doing that climb for another year or two.