cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Free Disneyland admission on your 2009 birthday (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22778)

ute4ever 09-23-2008 05:26 PM

Free Disneyland admission on your 2009 birthday

Disneyland and Disney World have a promotion in 2009: free admission to everyone on their birthday next year, at either park. All you have to do is register here.

mpfunk 09-23-2008 06:37 PM

Free is still far too expensive to get me to go to Disneyland or Disney World.

Brian 09-23-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 268778)
Disneyland and Disney World have a promotion in 2009: free admission to everyone on their birthday next year, at either park. All you have to do is register here.

sounds like park attendance is really down.
Give me a coupon for half price food in the park and I'm there.

TheSizzle36 09-23-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 268805)
sounds like park attendance is really down.
Give me a coupon for half price food in the park and I'm there.

Or Disney realizes that this is a savvy way to collect key demographic information, AND encourage people to come to the park where the will inevitably spend more on souvenirs, foods, hotels, etc. than they would for the park admission alone. Disney will more than recoup the loss of admission.

ute4ever 09-23-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 268808)
Or Disney realizes that this is a savvy way to collect key demographic information, AND encourage people to come to the park where the will inevitably spend more on souvenirs, foods, hotels, etc. than they would for the park admission alone. Disney will more than recoup the loss of admission.

Agreed, because how many people will go alone and spend no money while there? Few. Suppose on average a family of three will go, Disney will still collect two admissions while their vendors will collect three ten dollar lunches, three three dollar waters, and three twenty dollar dinners.

Brian 09-23-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 268808)

No, I agree.
It just seems a little coincidental that during an economic downturn they would do this. I have never been to the Land or the World when it hasn't been very busy. Never a need to entice people to come.
But I haven't been in 3 years, so I'm not sure what things have been like lately.

A ticket has always been the cheap part of any adventure to Walt's World, so, not sure how much of an incentive it would be to out-of-towners.

Brian 09-23-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 268821)
Agreed, because how many people will go alone and spend no money while there? Few. Suppose on average a family of three will go, Disney will still collect two admissions while their vendors will collect three ten dollar lunches, three three dollar waters, and three twenty dollar dinners.

And a few 3 dollar pretzels. Dang their pretzels are good...

MikeWaters 09-23-2008 07:41 PM

Damn, if only I had married a girl with the same birthday.

MikeWaters 09-23-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 268821)

Answer: a Mormon family.

Answer #2: the Waters family.

Jennerstein 09-24-2008 06:57 AM

Our company just had its company picnic at Disneyland. About every two years, we get together in Sept. The company will purchase tickets for your spouse (or same gender equivalent) and all dependents under 25. Each guest gets $15 of Disney Dollars to spend in the park. Oh and they give you a parking pass too and free hats with the company logo on it.

A nifty side benefit is that you can cash the ticket in for credit towards an annual pass. Essentially, it's like buying the cheapest annual pass for $70, which is a steal.

My friend and I ran around the park most of the day, leaving on occasion to get food or run errands back in Irvine. It's amazing how much more fun Disneyland is when you don't have to pay a dme.

Incidentally, I went on Toy Story Mania two times. That game is one of the best rides out of both parks. I suck at it terribly, scored in the low 100k.