cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   It sucks to be BYU basketball fans (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17899)

Archaea 03-21-2008 01:26 AM

It sucks to be BYU basketball fans

and Mike will eat shiz all year from Aggies. We just don't have good basketball players.

Archaea 03-21-2008 01:28 AM

We deserve to eat shiz, and UNLV has the real coach, we don't. Note, I know we could come back and I'd be pleased as punch to eat my words, but I don't predict as these kids have no heart.

YOhio 03-21-2008 01:30 AM

I hate BYU basketball. Cheering for them is like finding money in your pocket, but later finding it's counterfeit.

creekster 03-21-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 200843)
I hate BYU basketball. Cheering for them is like finding money in your pocket, but later finding it's counterfeit.

My friend got a counterfiet 5 dollar bill the other day. Really. WHich I thought was weird. WHy would you counterfiet a 5?

Archaea 03-21-2008 01:34 AM

I don't know why I ever allow myself to believe, this might be the year they actually play like a real basketball team. It is how it used to be acting like a Red Sox fan. For some reason I am doomed to like a team that can't win to save itself or couldn't beat itself out of a wet paper bag. They suck but I am a sucker. At least they occasionally win something in football, but basketball is a foregone conclusion, one and done.

livecoug 03-21-2008 01:36 AM

This in unfreakingbelievable. I'd rather they lose by 90 than this close loss. I am so pissed.

minn_stat 03-21-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 200847)
I don't know why I ever allow myself to believe, this might be the year they actually play like a real basketball team. It is how it used to be acting like a Red Sox fan. For some reason I am doomed to like a team that can't win to save itself or couldn't beat itself out of a wet paper bag. They suck but I am a sucker. At least they occasionally win something in football, but basketball is a foregone conclusion, one and done.

I agree. But I try to take solace in the fact that we could be Utah, Wyoming, or CSU fans...

YOhio 03-21-2008 01:39 AM

Outrebounded by 13. Except for Jimmer, this team has no heart. He had as many rebounds as Plaisted. Pure horseshit.

YOhio 03-21-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minn_stat (Post 200849)
I agree. But I try to take solace in the fact that we could be Utah, Wyoming, or CSU fans...

At least Utah fans can live in the past. Their past is a helluva lot better than our present.

Zulu451 03-21-2008 01:44 AM

I know that you guys are comiserating right now and I don't want to interupt your grieving process, but Texas A&M has one of THE most schizophrenic teams in the country. In one game they can play worse than my ward EQ and then they can come out and beat Texas by 15 or Ohio state by 30, or play KU to the wire. A&M was a top 10 team for 1/2 the season.

BYU played very well with a young team and showed why they will be a force in the future. My hat is off to them for playing a tough game.