cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who's going to the BYU vs WA game? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21369)

fusnik11 07-31-2008 09:33 PM

Who's going to the BYU vs WA game?

I'll be there, who else?

cougjunkie 07-31-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 249475)
I'll be there, who else?

me.

BYU71 07-31-2008 09:35 PM

I just finished locking things down today. Fly into Portland. Drive up to Seattle. Play some golf. Do some other things. Go to game. Drive back to Portland. Fly home.

5 of us and I think it will be fun. I thought I was going to be with my brother and about 20 others. He now has about 75 in the section he got from WU.

TripletDaddy 07-31-2008 09:37 PM

I am going. Fly in fri afternoon. fly home Sunday afternoon.

No tickets to the game yet. Will just buy them at the stadium.

cougjunkie 07-31-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 249478)
I just finished locking things down today. Fly into Portland. Drive up to Seattle. Play some golf. Do some other things. Go to game. Drive back to Portland. Fly home.

5 of us and I think it will be fun. I thought I was going to be with my brother and about 20 others. He now has about 75 in the section he got from WU.

We are doing something similar, my SIL works for Jetblue, so we have buddy passes, but they dont fly SLC to Seattle. So we are driving to Vegas and flying from LV to Seattle. I wonder if they fly to Portland that might be a better route.

BYU71 07-31-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 249484)
We are doing something similar, my SIL works for Jetblue, so we have buddy passes, but they dont fly SLC to Seattle. So we are driving to Vegas and flying from LV to Seattle. I wonder if they fly to Portland that might be a better route.

I was pretty ticked because of how Delta was handling Sky Miles. I am taking two sons, so cost is a factor. I checked into Spokane, but found out Portland was only two hours from Seattle.

I got tickets from Southwest for only $200. When we divide a car up 5 ways, heck the cost of flying into Portland and then driving up to Seattle isn't so bad.

Flying to Seattle was around $400.

fusnik11 07-31-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 249484)

Why not just drive to Seattle and save the buddy passes for a trip another time?

bluegoose 07-31-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 249487)
I was pretty ticked because of how Delta was handling Sky Miles. I am taking two sons, so cost is a factor. I checked into Spokane, but found out Portland was only two hours from Seattle.

You'll be flying if you can make it from Portland to Seattle in 2 hours. Better count on at least 3 hours, more if you hit Tacoma during traffic.

cougjunkie 07-31-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 249490)
Why not just drive to Seattle and save the buddy passes for a trip another time?

I thought about that, but I can get the buddy passes whenever I want. She told me whenever I need them she can hook me up. My other SIL and BIL are coming as well, so we might end up saving them and driving.

BYU71 07-31-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 249500)
You'll be flying if you can make it from Portland to Seattle in 2 hours. Better count on at least 3 hours, more if you hit Tacoma during traffic.

Thanks, I was going off of mapquest. Maybe bad idea.