cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Yoga (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23901)

RC Vikings 10-22-2008 07:38 PM

Yoga

I'm starting to become a real believer in this stuff. Since I've started doing it on a regular basis I'm really a lot less sore.

BarbaraGordon 10-22-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 283026)
I'm starting to become a real believer in this stuff. Since I've started doing it on a regular basis I'm really a lot less sore.

Oh, come on and fess up: you just like the class because you get to see a bunch of flexible 25-year-old girls contort themselves into weird positions.

RC Vikings 10-22-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 283043)
Oh, come on and fess up: you just like the class because you get to see a bunch of flexible 25-year-old girls contort themselves into weird positions.

It's the other way around with those women trying to look up my shorts while I'm trying to balance on one leg.

Archaea's daughter attends the class sometimes so I will state right here I never look around.

SteelBlue 10-22-2008 08:49 PM

I'm with you RC. I am much more flexible and less often injured than my pre-yoga days. You are more courageous than I am though. I do mine at home following along with a tv show.

Archaea 10-24-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 283084)
I'm with you RC. I am much more flexible and less often injured than my pre-yoga days. You are more courageous than I am though. I do mine at home following along with a tv show.

I tried Bikhram Yoga and it was one more activity for which I lacked the time. But jeez I never stared at somebody else's 20 year old daughter.

I wait until they are at least 25. What a perv.

jim.ling24 01-19-2009 02:41 PM

yes everyone should start doing yoga and it should be one of the important part of daily routine work..i am doing and staying away from medicines....so my friends start from today only

ericdesouza 03-10-2010 02:40 AM

RE

You can go into a class or buy books of yoga position such as yoga bible, anyway try to find a book with details steps before achieving that posture because the steps are crucial.
These are the things you should remember:
1. Always bend forward with exhale
2. Always bend backward with inhale
3. Every movement should be slow, don’t force your self
4. Every extreme twisting or binding should be counter pose by the other side and do the center direction to bring the body into more balance state
5. When you’re performing certain posture focus on your movement or your breathing don’t pay attention to your thoughts
6. Inhale through nostrils and exhale through nostrils, and use chest breathing except for certain posture. Those are the things that can be learned from a yogi.
Practice regularly will show you the benefit.