cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who will be the top US Olympic Roadie finisher? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21362)

bluegoose 07-31-2008 05:58 PM

Who will be the top US Olympic Roadie finisher?

Until 4 weeks ago I would have said Levi is the clear choice. Now, I suspect it will be a last second decision between Levi and Christian, depending on who is really feeling it early on.

Does anyone know who is managing the team during the Olympics? That may have some bearing on the dynamics of the race.

The race is scheduled for Saturday morning (Aug 9th), btw, for anyone who hadn't heard. And coincidentally my birthday. How 'bout the boys bring home a gold for my present this year?

creekster 07-31-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 249302)
Until 4 weeks ago I would have said Levi is the clear choice. Now, I suspect it will be a last second decision between Levi and Christian, depending on who is really feeling it early on.

Does anyone know who is managing the team during the Olympics? That may have some bearing on the dynamics of the race.

The race is scheduled for Saturday morning (Aug 9th), btw, for anyone who hadn't heard. And coincidentally my birthday. How 'bout the boys bring home a gold for my present this year?

I bet Levi. CVV just came out of the TdF and will be tired. Levi should be fresh. But what do I know? Look at my TdF prognostication.

bluegoose 07-31-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 249304)
I bet Levi. CVV just came out of the TdF and will be tired. Levi should be fresh. But what do I know? Look at my TdF prognostication.

You beat the poll, creek. Lets hope Levi is as fast on the bike as you are on the reply.

creekster 07-31-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 249305)
You beat the poll, creek. Lets hope Levi is as fast on the bike as you are on the reply.

I still went back and voted, though.

bigpiney 07-31-2008 06:45 PM

I say Zabriskie. Got to go with my avatar.

SteelBlue 07-31-2008 06:46 PM

I would think VdV will be toasted. Leipheimer gets my vote. Oh, who the heck is Jason McCartney?

bluegoose 07-31-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney (Post 249322)
I say Zabriskie. Got to go with my avatar.

I've had the avatars turned off here for over a year. Had you seen that picture before this morning?

It really is a gem, isn't it?

creekster 07-31-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 249349)
I've had the avatars turned off here for over a year. Had you seen that picture before this morning?

It really is a gem, isn't it?

Mine are off too. Is that a current photo? Weird dude, but fast.

RC Vikings 07-31-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 249304)

CVV will come out strong because of his TDF ride. Look for Bettini to win it, Schumacher second and lets for go with CVV third.

creekster 07-31-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 249364)
CVV will come out strong because of his TDF ride. Look for Bettini to win it, Schumacher second and lets for go with CVV third.

Maybe. I am not sure that without pharmocological assistance it wil be possible to do so well. You pick bettini and he wasn't in the TdF. Besides, I think Levi will be pissed due to astana's exclusion and will have trained well. CVV will be not as focused, feeling happy with himself and his almost podium finsih at the TdF.