cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I'll bring this up again--upgrading the site (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1663)

MikeWaters 03-22-2006 01:36 AM

I'll bring this up again--upgrading the site

We could significantly upgrade the features on this site by using some commerical forum software.

1. additonal sorting options on posts (i.e. sort by number of replies)
2. thread preview (when your mouse goes over a post)
3. post rating
4. user reputation
5. buddy list
6. calendar
7. skype integration

and many more. the question is it worth the cost. yet.

eventually we will move, it's just a matter of time and logistics.

il Padrino Ute 03-22-2006 01:43 AM

My thought is that it's your site, Mike, so it's basically your call as to when.

Do you have a PayPal account? If so, I'll kick in some $ when you're ready to do it.

MikeWaters 03-22-2006 01:46 AM

I guess what I should add is that if everyone is satisfied with the current feature set, then there's no rush.

Also, while it would not break the bank for me to purchase the software, I do like the idea of the site breaking even (i.e. the site paying for itself).

I'm not out to make money. But I'm not out to lose money either.

Jeff Lebowski 03-22-2006 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
My thought is that it's your site, Mike, so it's basically your call as to when.

Do you have a PayPal account? If so, I'll kick in some $ when you're ready to do it.

Me, too. Just say when.

SeattleUte 03-22-2006 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I guess what I should add is that if everyone is satisfied with the current feature set, then there's no rush.

Also, while it would not break the bank for me to purchase the software, I do like the idea of the site breaking even (i.e. the site paying for itself).

I'm not out to make money. But I'm not out to lose money either.

Majority rules. I'll contribute whenever.

Archaea 03-22-2006 04:04 AM

as will I.

creekster 03-22-2006 05:35 AM

All right, if all you guys are going to guilt me into it, I iwll contribute when you are ready.

Maybe we could get a psell checker?

SteelBlue 03-22-2006 05:54 AM

I am happy to pitch in as well. Don't really care if it is sooner or later. I'm happy with the way things are but progress is always good.

The_Tick 03-22-2006 06:54 AM

Since Dan has offered to help with a name change paper work thingy....

I got him covered too....

MikeWaters 03-22-2006 01:33 PM

ok guys, thanks for the support. as I have said before, I consider myself less the owner, and more the volunteer caretaker.

I will look into doing the conversion. It should be fairly painless. but those are also famous last words....