cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wearing your teams Gear (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7945)

RockyBalboa 04-26-2007 10:34 PM

Wearing your teams Gear

Honestly I don't get it when someone goes to a sporting event for a team they love to support and cheer for and doesn't wear some kind of team gear.

I don't get it even more when they have this adamant refusal to do so, as if it's some kind of principled decision their making.

Every BYU game I go to I wear SOMETHING that says BYU or Cougars or Brigham Young University on it. Most of the time I do the same thing when I go to a Jazz game.

Tonight is Game 3 and I'm going and I'll be wearing my Jazz Shirt and Hat. Someone for instance tonight is sitting on the 2nd row behind the basket and refuses to wear any Jazz gear even though they're gonna cheer for them.

That doesn't compute with me. I don't get it.

Black Diamond Bay 04-26-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 76861)
Honestly I don't get it when someone goes to a sporting event for a team they love to support and cheer for and doesn't wear some kind of team gear.

I don't get it even more when they have this adamant refusal to do so, as if it's some kind of principled decision their making.

Every BYU game I go to I wear SOMETHING that says BYU or Cougars or Brigham Young University on it. Most of the time I do the same thing when I go to a Jazz game.

Tonight is Game 3 and I'm going and I'll be wearing my Jazz Shirt and Hat. Someone for instance tonight is sitting on the 2nd row behind the basket and refuses to wear any Jazz gear even though they're gonna cheer for them.

I agree. Even last night I managed to scrounge out light blue pullover thing to wear to the Dodgers game. Although I count myself fortunate to have even known what their colors are. The person with me was, well sort of aghast at my complete lack of knowledge. I think the point where I asked "where are the Giants from?" That I got the "is this a joke?" look.

So on that note maybe women should get a pass, there's no excuse for a man to show up without the appropriate attire on.

Archaea 04-26-2007 10:49 PM

What if wearing a label such as that isn't really what one culturally grows up doing?

Black Diamond Bay 04-26-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 76865)
What if wearing a label such as that isn't really what one culturally grows up doing?

Are you telling us that you don't sport BYU gear to the games?

YOhio 04-26-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

It's rare that someone who grows up in that culture would be interested in spectator sports. In those rare circumstances, the individual should adapt to the culture of spectator sports which demands that you ally yourself with your team by wearing their gear.

RockyBalboa 04-26-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

That's gay.

SteelBlue 04-27-2007 01:34 AM

My opinion: College sports wear your school's gear. Pro sports, no gear required.

il Padrino Ute 04-27-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 76861)

I agree. If you're a fan, wear the gear.