cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My sister in law was not impressed by my music... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6584)

UteStar 02-14-2007 04:36 PM

My sister in law was not impressed by my music...

She borrowed our IPOD the other day and was not too impressed with our music. She said, you have all kinds of different songs from all over the place. I didn't like any of it. Here was a sample of the songs from my playlist:

the Smiths--Light that never goes out
Metallica--Turn the Page
Live--Lakinis Juice
John Denver--Autograph
U2--Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Everclear--Santa Monica
Joan Osborne--Son of a Preacher Man
Cat Stevens--Peace Train
Eminem--Lose yourself
Three Days Grace--Animal
Rolling Stones--Paint it Black
Elvis Costello--Olivers Army

I guess I have a broad range of musical tastes.

marsupial 02-14-2007 04:54 PM

Not bad... I could do without Metallica. What does she like?

UteStar 02-14-2007 05:08 PM

Pretty much whatever I don't like. I truly don't believe that she has any music tastes except for the old school singers like Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney, etc. I like them too at a certain time and a certain place...but I believe that music has continued on over the past 40 years.

Surfah 02-14-2007 05:18 PM

That playlist is fine by me. I'm guessing I wouldn't like your sister's music much.

YOhio 02-14-2007 06:05 PM

Aside from that cheesy song by Eminem, it's not a bad playlist.

BarbaraGordon 02-14-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 60818)
Aside from that cheesy song by Eminem, it's not a bad playlist.

Mostly good, yes. But John Denver? That's just wrong.

On second thought, I suppose I can't talk. Yesterday I was lecturing my husband on the merits of Huey Lewis.

Jeff Lebowski 02-14-2007 06:15 PM

That's a great Joan Osborne song.

YOhio 02-14-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 60820)
Mostly good, yes. But John Denver? That's just wrong.

Can an Oklahoma fan not like the former Poet Laureate of Colorado?

UteStar 02-14-2007 06:51 PM

Yes, I know that the Eminem song is a bit cheesy...but I love the intro to it. And John Denver is an American treasure.

UtahDan 02-14-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 60782)
She borrowed our IPOD the other day and was not too impressed with our music. She said, you have all kinds of different songs from all over the place. I didn't like any of it. Here was a sample of the songs from my playlist:

the Smiths--Light that never goes out
Metallica--Turn the Page
Live--Lakinis Juice
John Denver--Autograph
U2--Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Everclear--Santa Monica
Joan Osborne--Son of a Preacher Man
Cat Stevens--Peace Train
Eminem--Lose yourself
Three Days Grace--Animal
Rolling Stones--Paint it Black
Elvis Costello--Olivers Army

I guess I have a broad range of musical tastes.

Hmm. I'm not knocked out either. I like some of those artists though, if not the tracks you selected. Elvis Costello I like particularly. Also Joan Osborne, though not her most famous song. Hurricane is a track I'm fond of. Eminem is a guilty pleasure. "Shake That" with Nate Dogg is possibly the most foul soul I have ever heard, and yet I can't get it out of my head. I have the edited version on the pod, which eliminates at least half the lyrics.