cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Could we get Pastor Wright a reality TV show (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18930)

Archaea 04-28-2008 09:29 PM

Could we get Pastor Wright a reality TV show

until the second week in November and select his guests for him.

We could start with Spike Lee, and a lot of angry folk. Perhaps the kid who killed his CO in Kuwait a few weeks back.

Pastor Wright could explain how that was a big misunderstanding, and how damn awful America is to blame.

il Padrino Ute 04-28-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 214439)

We could start with Spike Lee, and a lot of angry folk. Perhaps the kid who killed his CO in Kuwait a few weeks back.

Pastor Wright could explain how that was a big misunderstanding, and how damn awful America is to blame.

I think a talk show would better suit the good reverend. He could have Sharpton to be his Ed McMahon.

ChinoCoug 04-28-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

he can help you with your Greek too, he's a Bible scholar.

il Padrino Ute 04-28-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 214461)

This is not surprising, as there are all kinds of examples of bigotry and hatred in the Good Book.

Archaea 04-28-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 214461)

I doubt that. He doesn't sound too scholarly to me.

UtahDan 04-28-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

I want Dave Chappell made up as a white man.

il Padrino Ute 04-28-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 214514)
I want Dave Chappell made up as a white man.

The trouble with that is that Chappelle is just having fun and isn't serious.

Wright needs guests who believe in his cause. Like Farakan.

ChinoCoug 04-29-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 214502)
I doubt that. He doesn't sound too scholarly to me.

he knows like 5 languages, has a DDiv from UChicago. He's actually as well-respected liberation theologian.

Archaea 04-29-2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 214640)
he knows like 5 languages, has a DDiv from UChicago. He's actually as well-respected liberation theologian.

Show me his stuff so that I can judge. I've been reading enough theology to see who is good and who is caca. That doesn't mean I'm a theologian, but it does mean I'm getting to the point of spotting the quacks.

"Liberation" theology sounds wacky.

Five whole languages? That depends upon level of fluency and understanding. When will English be one of his languages?

myboynoah 04-29-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 214640)

Exactly. We are not being fair.