cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Classic Movie Scenes (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19449)

TripletDaddy 05-15-2008 10:09 PM

Classic Movie Scenes

Guys, looking for YouTube clips of your favorite movie scenes. They can be funny, scary, sad, inspirational, cheesy, whatever.

I was hoping that this thread would have a decent shelf-life, and in the process help share our personal tastes and preferences with the group. Maybe with some luck, we will be introduced to some new movies.

Also, to help personalize it, include a brief little bit about why you dig this scene/movie so much.

I will throw out my first addition. It has been in my head all day because this morning on TV I heard the song "Stuck in the Middle with you." Whenever I hear that song, I think of one thing and one thing only....The Ear scene in Reservoir Dogs.

Don't know what it is about Michael Madsen, but he always seems to play the perfect psychotic bad guy. I remember being blown away by this entire movie, but the Ear scene was probably the most amazing sequence....Mr. Blonde tells us that he will torture the cop....you know it is coming, but you just dont know where he is going to stop. And QT's deliberate camera pan away from the action, in my opinion, only heightened the tension because you were forced to use your imagination.

QT is one of my all-time faves and this movie is right near the top of his catalogue.

Runner Coug 05-15-2008 10:18 PM

I'll have to think a bit before I post mine, but I do remember UteStar once telling me this is his favorite movie scene ever (it starts about 42 seconds in):

RockyBalboa 05-15-2008 10:21 PM

I don't know how to embed a YouTube video, but one of my all time favorite cinematic scenes is in the first Rocky movie.

The night before the fight, Rocky makes a trip to the Arena where the fight takes place.

Upon returning he sits on the edge of the bed and says..."I can't win."

Then he goes on to tell Adrian that no one has ever gone the distance with Creed before and if he's still standing at the end of the fight he'll know that he wasn't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Great scene. They shot it in one take due to lack of money. They felt the scene was so integral to the movie, that they got the go ahead to film it,,,but were only given one shot.

TripletDaddy 05-15-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 221793)
I'll have to think a bit before I post mine, but I do remember UteStar once telling me this is his favorite movie scene ever (it starts about 42 seconds in):

Actually, this is a vint 80s scene, like it or not.

HIlarious. Look at 1:53 and you can see how low the net was set so that Tom Cruise wouldnt look ridiculous playing volleyball. I think the top of the net was hung on the lowest rung of the pole.

landpoke 05-15-2008 10:31 PM

The final scene of The Searchers, John Wayne's best movie. I can't quite put my finger on why this scene gets me but it's a chill moment every time I see it. I guess I like the idea that despite the fact that he's brought the girl home and seemingly redeemed himself, he still can't or won't go home.

TripletDaddy 05-15-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 221794)
I don't know how to embed a YouTube video, but one of my all time favorite cinematic scenes is in the first Rocky movie.

The night before the fight, Rocky makes a trip to the Arena where the fight takes place.

Upon returning he sits on the edge of the bed and says..."I can't win."

Then he goes on to tell Adrian that no one has ever gone the distance with Creed before and if he's still standing at the end of the fight he'll know that he wasn't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Great scene. They shot it in one take due to lack of money. They felt the scene was so integral to the movie, that they got the go ahead to film it,,,but were only given one shot.

Put that baby up.

Go to Youtube, find your video, and copy the url in your browser.

The reservoir dogs one looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfORxWsZUY

Then, click on the YouTube button on the top right when you are posting your post here.

in between the two "youtube" wrappers, you can paste the entire URL that you just copied.

Then, just deleted everything to the left of the = sign, including the actual = sign.

should look a bit like this

YOUTUBE uJfORxWsZUY YOUTUBE, but will have some [ ] around the words Youtube.

Coach McGuirk 05-15-2008 10:36 PM

"I wrote a hit play and directed it, so I'm not sweating it either."

One of my top 5 movies.

creekster 05-15-2008 10:42 PM

This is a great and classic scene.

My favorite scene from the film, however, I couldnt' find which is the one where he visits the Roman ruins with his aide de campe and tells him how roman emperors returned to Rome after greta victories with triumphal parades and, on their chariots, a slave stood nearby, whispering in their ears that all Glory is Fleeting.

Patton is one of the great movies ever.

SU, you should love this film. It is filthy with the idea that war is noble and part of our nature. Hard to believe it was made in 1970.

Runner Coug 05-15-2008 10:45 PM

The little girl in the red dress from Schindler's List is heartbreaking. To now have a daughter of similar age makes it even harder to watch.

MikeWaters 05-15-2008 10:51 PM

One of the all-time classic scenes (a bit disgusting):