cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I've decided SeattleUte and MikeWaters are alike in a signficant way (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22038)

FMCoug 09-01-2008 03:59 PM

I've decided SeattleUte and MikeWaters are alike in a signficant way

They are both completely out of touch with mainstream LDS culture and attitudes. SeattleUte because he's been gone for so long. Waters because he chooses to live in an inner-city ward.

In both cases, their pre-conceptions about the attitudes of the average middle-class Amercian Mormon are way off.

Colly Wolly 09-01-2008 04:11 PM

Mike has been reminiscent of Robin Finderson lately.

TripletDaddy 09-01-2008 04:25 PM

mikewaters is the Estelle Getty of cougarguard.

If you notice, whenever a topic pops up, mikewaters has a story that is directly on topic and almost always involves someone in his ward.

Something tells me that if pressed, mikewaters could find someone in his ward that attended Wilt's 100 point game.

SeattleUte 09-01-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 259863)
They are both completely out of touch with mainstream LDS culture and attitudes. SeattleUte because he's been gone for so long. Waters because he chooses to live in an inner-city ward.

In both cases, their pre-conceptions about the attitudes of the average middle-class Amercian Mormon are way off.

FM, I know I have you to keep me in touch with the true face, heart and soul of LDS culture. Aren't you about as typical LDS as it gets?

FMCoug 09-01-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 259870)
FM, I know I have you to keep me in touch with the true face, heart and soul of LDS culture. Aren't you about as typical LDS as it gets?

Maybe so. But the problem is you wouldn't believe me because it doesn't fit your anti-Mormon agenda.

SeattleUte: Mormons think X

FM: No we don't, I've never met anyone that thinks X, I and most I know think Y.

At that point you and your ilk will fill the thread with ridiculous anecdotes "proving" X.

MikeWaters 09-01-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 259878)
Maybe so. But the problem is you wouldn't believe me because it doesn't fit your anti-Mormon agenda.

FM: No we don't, I've never met anyone that thinks X, I and most I know think Y.

At that point you and your ilk will fill the thread with ridiculous anecdotes "proving" X.

is Marsupial part of SU's ridiculous ilk?

BarbaraGordon 09-01-2008 06:27 PM

Lay off of Mike.

YOhio 09-01-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 259878)

All Mormons should think Y!

MikeWaters 09-01-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 259933)
All Mormons should think Y!

Tell Marsupial's mom. She didn't get the memo.

YOhio 09-01-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 259934)
Tell Marsupial's mom. She didn't get the memo.

Is she a U fan?