cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VERY bad news for Republicans... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2295)

Cali Coug 05-15-2006 07:45 PM

VERY bad news for Republicans...

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/ande...oper.360/blog/

Things are so bad for Bush, people think Clinton had better character than Bush does!

November is looking better and better...

Colly Wolly 05-15-2006 07:57 PM

The impeachment is inevitable...

Detroitdad 05-16-2006 07:42 AM

I sure hope Bush is not impeached

he is worth more to us poltically alive than politically neutered. Furthermore, I think impeachment proceedings might be the only way to make him popular again.

Cali Coug 05-16-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad
he is worth more to us poltically alive than politically neutered. Furthermore, I think impeachment proceedings might be the only way to make him popular again.

I agree completely.

Bush couldn't be doing a better job for a Democratic sweep this November.

DrumNFeather 05-16-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoyacoug
I agree completely.

Bush couldn't be doing a better job for a Democratic sweep this November.

Bush was heading toward that before, the question is...Can the Dems actually put up a candidate that can win?

The recent trend of beatable presidents seeking a second term going up against a couple of Soggy Cornflakes (Dole, Kerry) really needs to stop. I think that 2008 is a pivotal election for the direction of this country and the parties need to step up and bring some strong candidates... we need a Jay Santos and Arnold Vinick

Cali Coug 05-16-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather
Bush was heading toward that before, the question is...Can the Dems actually put up a candidate that can win?

The recent trend of beatable presidents seeking a second term going up against a couple of Soggy Cornflakes (Dole, Kerry) really needs to stop. I think that 2008 is a pivotal election for the direction of this country and the parties need to step up and bring some strong candidates... we need a Jay Santos and Arnold Vinick

I really think Warner is going to make a strong showing. In fact, he could wind up running against another former Virginia governor, Allen.

He is moderate and level-headed. I think he would be tough to beat. I think Richardson from New Mexico could be intriguing, particularly with immigration being the hot topic it is.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Lieberman throw his hat in the ring. He could even pull a version of a Santos move and ask McCain to run with him. That would be a strong ticket.

I think there are a lot of great names out there. I just hope they rise above the noise of other candidates, like Kerry/Dean.

Detroitdad 05-17-2006 06:56 AM

It has got to be somebody like Warner

they have got to be low key, likeable, or at least not unlikeable and centrist. But not too centrist like Joe (I wish he would just switch) Lieberman.

I think that Edwards might be able to craft himself in that image, but he probably still suffers from the same weaknesses that he had last time out. All of these reasons are why I am in favor of Warner at this time.

Richardson would make a lovely VP, which is what he probably should have been last time out.

UtahDan 05-17-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoyacoug
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Lieberman throw his hat in the ring. He could even pull a version of a Santos move and ask McCain to run with him. That would be a strong ticket.

McCain has his eye on a much bigger prize. He WILL be the republican nominee. The worse of an ass kicking the GOP takes this fall (and it is only a questino of how bad it will be IMO) the more of a lock McCain will be.

JohnnyLingo 05-17-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

The worse of an ass kicking the GOP takes this fall (and it is only a questino of how bad it will be IMO)
I'd have an easier time believing this if, before the 2004 election, we hadn't heard everyone say how Bush was going to be defeated in a landslide and the Democrats would take back the entire government.

You may well be right, but color me skeptical.

fusnik11 05-17-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
I'd have an easier time believing this if, before the 2004 election, we hadn't heard everyone say how Bush was going to be defeated in a landslide and the Democrats would take back the entire government.

You may well be right, but color me skeptical.

You know what is crazy about the 2004 election?

Bush almost lost to quite possibly the worst candidate in the history of presidential candidates.....

Color the white house with a big donkey in '08....