cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fox News... Fair- AND Balanced! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25570)

Cali Coug 03-06-2009 01:54 AM

Fox News... Fair- AND Balanced!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...042,full.story

yeah, right.

il Padrino Ute 03-06-2009 02:24 AM

What, you want the left to have a complete monopoly on news channels?

tooblue 03-06-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301702)

In a democratic society all sides must have a voice. What is Obama afraid of? If he is on morally, socially and politically higher ground then there is nothing to fear from the oppositional voices!

Cali Coug 03-06-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 301705)
In a democratic society all sides must have a voice. What is Obama afraid of? If he is on morally, socially and politically higher ground then there is nothing to fear from the oppositional voices!

Who said anything about Obama being afraid of Fox?

Or does a discussion about Fox News require we also discuss Obama?

tooblue 03-06-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301708)
Who said anything about Obama being afraid of Fox?

Or does a discussion about Fox News require we also discuss Obama?

LOL the headline for the article is: "Fox News' Glenn Beck strikes ratings gold by challenging Barack Obama"

Cali Coug 03-06-2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 301710)
LOL the headline for the article is: "Fox News' Glenn Beck strikes ratings gold by challenging Barack Obama"

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot we were in absurdville where any person who doesn't accept a challenge from any person, no matter how stupid the challenge, is deemed afraid of the challenge and the challenger.

As an aside, I challenge you to fly to DC, strip to the nude, and loudly proclaim your undying love for McCain on the Mall. Or are you a coward too, afraid to take on totally pointless challenges?

Tex 03-06-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301713)
As an aside, I challenge you to fly to DC, strip to the nude, and loudly proclaim your undying love for McCain on the Mall. Or are you a coward too, afraid to take on totally pointless challenges?

That's just a smidgen less silly than Obama and Co's attacks on Limbaugh.

Cali Coug 03-06-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 301714)
That's just a smidgen less silly than Obama and Co's attacks on Limbaugh.

Good. If it is less silly, then surely you will do it, or Tooblue will call you a coward with strong support from... yourself.

tooblue 03-06-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 301713)
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot we were in absurdville where any person who doesn't accept a challenge from any person, no matter how stupid the challenge, is deemed afraid of the challenge and the challenger.

You are the one that said; "Or does a discussion about Fox News require we also discuss Obama" Uhm, in this instance YES, a discussion about Fox News requires we also discuss Obama, because the article YOU linked to talks about Obama!

Unless of course logic does not apply here ... well then, I'll be happy to join you in the rabbit hole!

Tex 03-06-2009 02:00 PM

It's amusing to watch Cali resort to ever more ridiculous hyperbole to try and defend his Messiah. I think he's starting to lose it.

Truth be told, no one including Limbaugh actually expects that Obama will take him up on his offer. His debate challenge is just gamesmanship--an attempt to one-up the opposition, if you will. We'll see if Emmanuel, Carville, and Begala can come up with a counter, but based on Gibbs, they may just fold and walk away.

Pretty funny.