cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can we please stop referring to the Secretary Rumsfeld as (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2131)

Tim 05-03-2006 03:15 PM

Can we please stop referring to the Secretary Rumsfeld as

the Secretary of Defense? There is very little defending going on these days in the military. Can we please refer to him as the Secretary of Warmaking instead? It would be more appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Parrot Head 05-03-2006 06:22 PM

How about the Secretary of Warmongering?

COUGZ 05-03-2006 06:24 PM

I much prefer the secretary of whoremongering.

And if we had one of those...I would nominate mpFunk to be in that cabinet position.

JohnnyLingo 05-03-2006 06:30 PM

For heaven's sake.... that's just stupid.

I suppose you feel that unless you are sitting at the border fending off hordes of Mongolians or terrorists or whatever, you're not defending your country.

Tim, I thought you were smarter than that.

SeattleUte 05-03-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim
the Secretary of Defense? There is very little defending going on these days in the military. Can we please refer to him as the Secretary of Warmaking instead? It would be more appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

How about the Secretary of Thinly Disguised and Ineffectually Planned and Executed Imperialism? Or, the Secretary of Bumbling and Catastrophic Imperialsim? Or, the Ahistorical Czar?

tooblue 05-03-2006 08:22 PM

Oh now, the invasion of Iran will go much smoother!

Tim 05-03-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
For heaven's sake.... that's just stupid.

I suppose you feel that unless you are sitting at the border fending off hordes of Mongolians or terrorists or whatever, you're not defending your country.

Tim, I thought you were smarter than that.

Most reasonable people have come to realize that preemption is morally unjustifiable. Looks like you missed the boat on that one. Oh, wait. You're not a reasonable person.

Tim

JohnnyLingo 05-03-2006 08:37 PM

Fine. I'll put you down on the list of people who would prefer that Iran nuke Israel and then us directly before we do anything to stop them.

If disagreeing with that makes me unreasonable, so be it.

Tim 05-03-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Fine. I'll put you down on the list of people who would prefer that Iran nuke Israel and then us directly before we do anything to stop them.

If disagreeing with that makes me unreasonable, so be it.

You must've hated the end of Minority Report.

Tim

JohnnyLingo 05-03-2006 09:47 PM

When they scrapped a program where people were convicted for crimes they hadn't commited yet by an unreliable system?

Not really.

You remember Hitler? I assume you've read some of Ahmadinejad's latest speeches and found no similarities.