cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Air Force (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11932)

All-American 09-19-2007 03:53 PM

Air Force

Were I an objective, un-biased viewer, I might tag this one as an upset in the works.

BYU, Utah, and TCU were determined the top three teams in the MWC-- with BYU arguably the least impressive of the three-- and Air Force beat the other two. BYU is on a two game losing streak, and Air Force is on a three game winning streak. They have confidence; we have questions, especially on special teams.

So what happens?

BYU71 09-19-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 125354)
Were I an objective, un-biased viewer, I might tag this one as an upset in the works.

BYU, Utah, and TCU were determined the top three teams in the MWC-- with BYU arguably the least impressive of the three-- and Air Force beat the other two. BYU is on a two game losing streak, and Air Force is on a three game winning streak. They have confidence; we have questions, especially on special teams.

So what happens?

I couldn't possbily be that wrong about this BYU team. If the game is within a touchdown, I am concerned about getting to a mediocre 8-4 season this year.

Goatnapper'96 09-19-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 125354)

So what happens?

BYU rebounds with a good defensive performance stringing out the option and winning the turnover battle 2-1. Hall, Unga and CO have an effecient day and Cougs roll...27-17.

il Padrino Ute 09-19-2007 05:27 PM

I think BYU wins this game, for no other reason than a gut feeling.

YOhio 09-19-2007 05:52 PM

We should win, but there are some realities that give me concern. First, Austin Collie's ankle could sideline our best receiver and kick returner. Second, Mike Reeds shoulder could sideline our second best receiver and first best downfield blocker. Reed's blocking has given us a lot of extra yards. Third, we're undiscipline and AFA is disciplined. 100+ yards in penalties would be huge. Fourth, we have no kicking game. Have we only made one FG this season?

I'm not particularly concerned about our defense, only because I don't think the Falcons have the personel both to get past our secondary and throw past our secondary. Like the poster a few years ago that said "Our slow white boys are better than your slow white boys."

RockyBalboa 09-19-2007 09:08 PM

BYU wins by 2-3 Touchdowns minimum. AFA is getting a lot of run off their 3-0 start and maybe deservedly so, but I'm sorry...I just think they're very overated.

Mark it down. BYU plays with a chip on their shoulder and wins convincingly.

New Mexico will be a much tougher game than AFA will.

Goatnapper'96 09-19-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 125511)
BYU wins by 2-3 Touchdowns minimum. AFA is getting a lot of run off their 3-0 start and maybe deservedly so, but I'm sorry...I just think they're very overated.

Mark it down. BYU plays with a chip on their shoulder and wins convincingly.

New Mexico will be a much tougher game than AFA will.

I think BYU wins, but last saturday's game taken in context of my analysis has me gunshy from the "mark it down" type of confidence.

Although as bad as my analsysis was it did move me into the lead of the Cougarguard intellgista, although it has yet to get Waters to recognize me in proper noun sorta way.