cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Once again nature proves she's a killer who must be stopped. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21186)

landpoke 07-24-2008 06:23 PM

Once again nature proves she's a killer who must be stopped.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,390048,00.html

Wolves, bears, lions etc. etc. If we don't kill them they'll kill us.

I never thought I'd say this, but we need to look to Russia for leadership in this deadly struggle.

Levin 07-24-2008 07:42 PM

It's the price we and the bears pay for living in each others' habitat.

Interesting that you see this as a mortal struggle considering we're the ones with all the power. It's like saying you're in a death match with a little baby over a corner of the livingroom. The reason you just don't throw the baby across the room is b/c you know the baby has a right to be in the corner of the room as well. Plus, many people are capable of showing restraint when in positions of absolute power. It's an admirable characteristic.

You, on the other hand, have the reactionary nature of a Philistine.

MikeWaters 07-24-2008 07:43 PM

I hope those bears used their livers as a garnish. Nice pickly taste.

Indy Coug 07-24-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 246542)
I hope those bears used their livers as a garnish. Nice pickly taste.

Would you say that if they were gay, black Russian miners?

MikeWaters 07-24-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 246543)
Would you say that if they were gay, black Russian miners?

I hate to imagine how much vodka those guys would drink.

landpoke 07-24-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 246541)
It's the price we and the bears pay for living in each others' habitat.

Interesting that you see this as a mortal struggle considering we're the ones with all the power. It's like saying you're in a death match with a little baby over a corner of the livingroom. The reason you just don't throw the baby across the room is b/c you know the baby has a right to be in the corner of the room as well. Plus, many people are capable of showing restraint when in positions of absolute power. It's an admirable characteristic.

You, on the other hand, have the reactionary nature of a Philistine.

It is a struggle. It took thousands of years to get to the top with bears, wolves, etc. etc. fighting us tooth and nail all the way. Just because we've won doesn't mean we can let our guard down.

If you'd like to huddle around the fire at night waiting for murderous bands of bears to kill and eat you be my guest. I'm taking the fight to them.

Indy Coug 07-24-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 246553)
It is a struggle. It took thousands of years to get to the top with bears, wolves, etc. etc. fighting us tooth and nail all the way. Just because we've won doesn't mean we can let our guard down.

If you'd like to huddle around the fire at night waiting for murderous bands of bears to kill and eat you be my guest. I'm taking the fight to them.

At least the people in Washington DC finally have the firepower to overthrow their bear overlords.

Levin 07-24-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 246560)
At least the people in Washington DC finally have the firepower to overthrow their bear overlords.

Its Bear Caliphate has been tyranny, pure tyranny.

landpoke 07-24-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 246571)
It's Bear Caliphate has been tyranny, pure tyranny.

You mock, but the article I posted proves that the primordial struggle between man and nature for our very survival is not over. Not by a long shot.

Levin 07-24-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 246574)
You mock, but the article I posted proves that the primordial struggle between man and nature for our very survival is not over. Not by a long shot.

I mock your use of the plural pronoun, "our," as if humanity is still in a death match with bears and wolves. We won that battle long ago. The only death match with nature we're in now, that is humanity and not a few isolated humans in Kamkatchka (which I always owned in Risk, by the way), is the one of our own making.