cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stripper picks - not that anyone cares (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11797)

Flystripper 09-14-2007 05:42 PM

Stripper picks - not that anyone cares

This exercise is mostly for me so I feel accountable :)

heh I am only 40% on the season 2-3-1

My picks this week (I got these lines early in the week. I know they have changed):

BYU -6.5 @ Tulsa +6.5 Took BYU (the line is now 7 :))

Fresno +16.5 @ Oregon -16.5 Took Fresno

UCLA -14 @ Utah +14 Took UCLA (the line is now 15.5 :))

I would probably still take BYU and UCLA at the current lines but I am glad I got the early line

Other games that I like but did not have enough confidence to wager on:

Ohio State -3 @ Washington +3 I like Washington at home
USC -10 @ Nebraska +10 I like USC
ND +8 @ Michigan -8 I like ND to cover

I know I am going to hell, but this is fun for me :) At a 40% winning percentage and 20 dollar wagers with 10% juice I am only down 24 bucks. A worthy price for the fun I have had watching football the past 2 weeks. I have no plans to quit my day job though.

I am small potatoes.

BYU71 09-14-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 123760)

My picks this week (I got these lines early in the week. I know they have changed):

I would probably still take BYU and UCLA at the current lines but I am glad I got the early line

I know I am going to hell, but this is fun for me :) At a 40% winning percentage and 20 dollar wagers with 10% juice I am only down 24 bucks. A worthy price for the fun I have had watching football the past 2 weeks. I have no plans to quit my day job though.

I am small potatoes.

I broke a rule I have had for years and years. I don't bet on the BYU game. Couldn't resist last week and put $100 on the cougars. I am to blame for the loss.

I would like to take the Cougars this week, but I plan on not betting on them for a long, long time again. By the way I think they covered the spread 9 times last year. I just don't want to jinx them again.

Flystripper 09-14-2007 05:52 PM

I understand

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 123762)
I broke a rule I have had for years and years. I don't bet on the BYU game. Couldn't resist last week and put $100 on the cougars. I am to blame for the loss.

I would like to take the Cougars this week, but I plan on not betting on them for a long, long time again. By the way I think they covered the spread 9 times last year. I just don't want to jinx them again.

I usually don't bet on BYU either but this week was too tempting for me. I am hoping I am jinx free but we will see.

Lost Student 09-14-2007 06:43 PM

Was the title of the thread an attempt to increase views?

Please be forewarned that after the game is over, those of us (me) that are too afraid to make predictions will ignore your correct predictions and mock you for your wrong ones. :D

Flystripper 09-14-2007 07:19 PM

I expect nothing less

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Student (Post 123815)

Please be forewarned that after the game is over, those of us (me) that are too afraid to make predictions will ignore your correct preductions and mock you for your wrong ones. :D

I expect nothing less :)

FMCoug 09-14-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

He should have spelled picks pics :)

Jeff Lebowski 09-14-2007 09:05 PM

This thread has been a real disappointment to me, given the nice title.

Chapel-Hill-Coug 09-14-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

I am small potatoes.

I'll let you know at 3am after the Vegas bowl. You have to give me a chance to get to know some first.

Lost Student 09-24-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Please be forewarned that after the game is over, those of us (me) that are too afraid to make predictions will ignore your correct predictions and mock you for your wrong ones. :D

http://forum.alsacreations.com/uploa...ail-camera.jpg