cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How many Harry Potter books have you read? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10616)

ute4ever 08-03-2007 02:50 AM

How many Harry Potter books have you read?

I began the series on a recent flight from London to Amsterdam, purchasing the first installment (along with Kafka's Metamorphosis) for a simpler break from my law books.

Five flights later, I am sitting in the Denver airport waiting for my connection to Salt Lake City, and am up to #3 now.

I thought the first book was fun, but really not my genre, and doubted I would finish the series. But I came to find they are somewhat addicting. A week later, with paperback #2 on display in a terminal, I thought oh what the hell...

nikuman 08-03-2007 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 109324)
I began the series on a recent flight from London to Amsterdam, purchasing the first installment (along with Kafka's Metamorphosis) for a simpler break from my law books.

Five flights later, I am sitting in the Denver airport waiting for my connection to Salt Lake City, and am up to #3 now.

I thought the first book was fun, but really not my genre, and doubted I would finish the series. But I came to find they are somewhat addicting. A week later, with paperback #2 on display in a terminal, I thought oh what the hell...

All seven. I even did a midnight party for number six to break up the monotony of studying for the bar.

FarrahWaters 08-03-2007 02:55 AM

I liked #3, I think you'll have fun with the series.

danimal 08-03-2007 03:37 AM

Marsupial and I read them aloud to each other. I think they get progressively better. We've enjoyed them and are about 1/3 way through 7.

Farrah -- I assume you're done by now? You seemed to be cruising through it.

Clark Addison 08-03-2007 02:03 PM

I would think that there would be a high correlation between people who have read the books and age of kids. My son started to get into the books in about 2000, when he was 7, and that got us all reading them. My wife and I, and two of our kids, have read all 7 books.

RockyBalboa 08-03-2007 08:10 PM

I read the first 6 last Summer after I finished Les Miserables. I needed a break to read something fun.

I haven't purchased the 7th one yet because I'm reading "The Stand" right now, and already have several other books purchased that haven't been read yet. I'll probably wait til next Summer when it's published in paperback.

Mrs. Meanie 08-04-2007 03:49 AM

BFM and I have read all seven books. When #6 came out I stayed up until midnight to go buy the book at our local Walmart. I decided not to do that again for #7 because I wanted to be awake to read it.

I think that #7 is my favorite one of them all because the action seemed nonstop until the end.