cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Was Archaea being dense or immature? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8378)

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 01:42 PM

Was Archaea being dense or immature?

As many of you saw, SoCalCoug posted this earlier as "evidence" that I am racist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 81442)
How's this?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2349098

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
My dislike for Scoop Jackson is intense.
Author: JohnnyLingo
Date: Dec 12, 2006 - 09:50am
Category: Chit Chat
Viewed 5 times

And that's because he's black.

:)

Note the smiley face... even SoCal knows that I was being facetious, as anyone would be when dealing with Scoop Jackson.

Later, Archaea posts this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 82115)
Maybe you're correct, perhaps you are. SoCalCoug even found unadulterated proof of your racism in your own words.

Now, there are only two options here. Either Archaea is very dumb, and doesn't realize that my post, while mocking Jackson, is not racist, or he is being intentionally immature about my post for some reason I can't understand.

In the fine tradition of SoCal, I put it to you, Cougarguarders. Was Arch being dumb or immature?

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 10:36 PM

I figured as much. Polls like these have nothing to do with people judging the actions of a person. If you like the individual in question, you say they did nothing wrong. If you dislike the individual, of course they are whatever bad thing they're accused of being.

At least come out and say you're all just as petty and biased as the average person. To state that Cougarguard is a bastion of free thought and open-mindedness is just laughable.

BarbaraGordon 05-16-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82404)
IAt least come out and say you're all just as petty and biased as the average person. To state that Cougarguard is a bastion of free thought and open-mindedness is just laughable.

Perhaps, Mr. Lingo, but in general we do at least aim for civility and substance-based discourse. We await your contribution in that regard.

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 82407)
Perhaps, Mr. Lingo, but in general we do at least aim for civility and substance-based discourse. We await your contribution in that regard.

Ouch. Are you a member of the Crypt?

YOhio 05-16-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82409)

A fight with Barbara Gordon is one that you don't want to pick.

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 82411)
A fight with Barbara Gordon is one that you don't want to pick.

Give me a break, what's with the posturing?

I asked a simple question.

creekster 05-16-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82404)
I figured as much. Polls like these have nothing to do with people judging the actions of a person. If you like the individual in question, you say they did nothing wrong. If you dislike the individual, of course they are whatever bad thing they're accused of being.

At least come out and say you're all just as petty and biased as the average person. To state that Cougarguard is a bastion of free thought and open-mindedness is just laughable.

WHy are you so obsessed with this issue? If you dislike what you see as hypocrisy or apostasy, leave. No one is making you stay. OTOH, if you want to contribute, please do so, as we would apprecaite the chance to hear from you on something other than your perception of this site's disingenuity.

BarbaraGordon 05-16-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82409)

What's the Crypt?

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 82417)
What's the Crypt?

See, Ohio? Simple question, simple answer.

Quote:

WHy are you so obsessed with this issue? If you dislike what you see as hypocrisy or apostasy, leave. No one is making you stay. OTOH, if you want to contribute, please do so, as we would apprecaite the chance to hear from you on something other than your perception of this site's disingenuity.
I've made plenty of contributions to the board.

Archaea 05-16-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82419)
See, Ohio? Simple question, simple answer.

I've made plenty of contributions to the board.

No substantive one, just attacks and style points, for which you received deductions from the East German and Soviet judges.