cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Announcement posters regarding management (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24765)

Archaea 11-17-2008 11:37 PM

Announcement posters regarding management

In light of current developments, Mike is taking a brief respite, so that those posters who believe the new board represented best what they enjoyed about CG, may take their time and migrate there.

He requested that I as his Aaron, repeat the following points:

Quote:

1. I have not asked a single person to stay

2. I have not prevented anyone from leaving

3. I have said and continue to say, "I only want people who are willing to suffer."

4. That's my message, and in order to not distract from it, I will take a short break from the board, and Archaea will be manning the helm.
Because not everybody interprets Mikespeak easily, Mike has interpreted "suffer" differently than is common. Be patient might be one interpretation and tolerant of new things.

BarbaraGordon 11-17-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 295585)
Because not everybody interprets Mikespeak easily, Mike has interpreted "suffer" differently than is common. Be patient might be one interpretation and tolerant of new things.

longsuffering?

Archaea 11-17-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 295587)
longsuffering?

defining a word by subsuming within the new definition? The concept may be appropriate though.

BarbaraGordon 11-18-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 295588)
defining a word by subsuming within the new definition?

It never ceases to amaze me how difficult you can be. I didn't define anything.

Longsuffering connotes patience. Suffering connotes pain. I think the first more accurately reflects Mike's meaning.

Archaea 11-18-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 295590)
It never ceases to amaze me how difficult you can be. I didn't define anything.

Longsuffering connotes patience. Suffering connotes pain. I think the first more accurately reflects Mike's meaning.

Okay, I agree with you. The word is a better fit, and it appears, without meaning to be, I was being difficult.

RedHeadGal 11-18-2008 02:33 PM

I'm sorry but this whole thing really only makes me laugh. As I'm not privy to any of the drama and none of it concerns me, I really don't care. And since I don't have enough time to post around here all day every day, maybe the snail's pace will be easier for me.

But wait, i don't like to suffer. So that's a problem.

All-American 11-18-2008 03:46 PM

Our word "patient" comes from the present active participle of the Latin "patior" (patiens)-- "to suffer."

Patience, then.

BYU71 11-18-2008 04:07 PM

I find this all interesting. Please though don't tell me where the new site is or invite me. I know that is presumptious on my part.

I am already participating on too many sites and don't even go to the one I pay for anymore.

SeattleUte 11-18-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 295585)
In light of current developments, Mike is taking a brief respite, so that those posters who believe the new board represented best what they enjoyed about CG, may take their time and migrate there.

He requested that I as his Aaron, repeat the following points:

Tell Mike this is no time to take a vacation.

BarbaraGordon 11-18-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 295626)
I find this all interesting. Please though don't tell me where the new site is or invite me. I know that is presumptious on my part.

I am already participating on too many sites and don't even go to the one I pay for anymore.

I thought you were over there? they posted a blanket invite to everyone here.