cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How long has it been since you heard this song? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24449)

Coach McGuirk 11-06-2008 05:41 AM

How long has it been since you heard this song?

I had not though of this song in over 25 years.

SteelBlue 11-06-2008 05:47 AM

The last time I saw European Vacation.

TripletDaddy 11-06-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 290987)

LOL. My family was just talking about that movie over the weekend, so I googled this and watched it. Hadnt seen this montage, or the movie, in years.

I do remember that when I saw it in the theater as a kid, I distinctly thought that the clothes they wound up buying were pretty cool. *shudder*

PS Beverly D'Angelo in the 80s.....rowrrr!

Runner Coug 11-06-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291030)

That incarnation of Rusty and Audrey is an abomination. Those two made a movie that you knew going in was going to be stupid and unwatchable even more stupid and unwatchable. Thank goodness Christmas Vacation came along and redeemed the franchise.

TripletDaddy 11-06-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 291352)
That incarnation of Rusty and Audrey is an abomination. Those two made a movie that you knew going in was going to be stupid and unwatchable even more stupid and unwatchable. Thank goodness Christmas Vacation came along and redeemed the franchise.

Unwatchable? wtf! You DO realize that Billy Zabka was in European Vacation, right?

BarbaraGordon 11-06-2008 10:58 PM

I have never heard that song.

TD: how in the world did you end up with 9,111 posts? Good golly!

Runner Coug 11-07-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291380)
Unwatchable? wtf! You DO realize that Billy Zabka was in European Vacation, right?

When my friends and I discuss the great American actors like Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda, the discussion will inevitably turn to Billy Zabka. Sadly, even the great ones make one or two movies just for the paycheck.

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk (Post 290985)
I had not though of this song in over 25 years.

I have that song on one of my many New wave compilation CDs. I was listening to that particular CD just the other day.

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291030)
LOL. My family was just talking about that movie over the weekend, so I googled this and watched it. Hadnt seen this montage, or the movie, in years.

I do remember that when I saw it in the theater as a kid, I distinctly thought that the clothes they wound up buying were pretty cool. *shudder*

PS Beverly D'Angelo in the 80s.....rowrrr!

Italy isn't one of the fashion centers in the world for no reason.

ute4ever 11-09-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 290987)

Before scrolling down through the replies, I was going to post the same thing. I never heard that song anywhere else but in that film.