cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ULCER list... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10809)

bYuPride 08-10-2007 08:10 PM

ULCER list...

What do I need to bring for ulcer?! Here's my checklist I'm picking up tonight...

Shot Blocks (i don't know what they are)
Gu (I think i know what that is)
Wheat thins....CHECK
2 water bottles for the bike (do i freeze them tonight?)
1 for the jersey
cream for my chode? what?

Laziness has gotten the better of me this last month and I've done virtually nothing...

I'm going to die.

MikeWaters 08-10-2007 08:12 PM

chamois cream helps prevent saddle soreness. vaseline works as well.

bluegoose 08-10-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 111832)

I've never used any saddle cream and have never had a problem with saddle sores or chafing. Other people can't do 20 miles without some irritation.

Might I suggest if Pride has not had any problems in this area before to not try anything new before an "epic" ride.

bYuPride 08-10-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 111832)

chamois cream. so if i just put it all over where my skin where it's going to touch the saddle i should be okay? i'll read the instructions too..

this should do right?
http://www.rei.com/product/723140?vcat=REI_SEARCH

MikeWaters 08-10-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 111836)
chamois cream. so if i just put it all over where my skin where it's going to touch the saddle i should be okay? i'll read the instructions too..

Just hand it the tube of creme to Adam. He'll apply it for you.

If he balks, tell him your shorts are ripped.

MikeWaters 08-10-2007 08:23 PM

Btw, have fun. That's the main goal. I'm jealous of you guys. Be careful though that some idiot doesn't take you down.

And before you start, adjust Archaea's brake so that it rubs his wheel.

bluegoose 08-10-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 111835)
I've never used any saddle cream and have never had a problem with saddle sores or chafing. Other people can't do 20 miles without some irritation.

Might I suggest if Pride has not had any problems in this area before to not try anything new before an "epic" ride.

Bump, just in case Pride missed my well-thought out and articulate post, as he posted at almost the exact same moment.

MikeWaters 08-10-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Chamois cream won't hurt. And given that he doesn't have experience at this distance, I think he's not proven himself as someone that won't have problems.

bYuPride 08-10-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 111842)
Btw, have fun. That's the main goal. I'm jealous of you guys. Be careful though that some idiot doesn't take you down.

And before you start, adjust Archaea's brake so that it rubs his wheel.

I'm sure I'll have fun... I just want to be prepared so I don't get wasted too quickly..

bYuPride 08-10-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

I've never had any problems with chafing and I'm a little leery of the chode cream but if it is going to help and it's recommended then I'll pick it up..