cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   10 In-n-Out locations coming to Utah?!?! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21909)

Colly Wolly 08-28-2008 01:03 AM

10 In-n-Out locations coming to Utah?!?!

Take this with a very large grain of salt. My wife was talking to a Costco sales rep who informed that an In-n-Out burger was going to be built near the new Costco on Bangerter in South Jordan. He said that additional stores (up to 10) would be coming to Utah, each located near a Costco. Not sure I believe it.

ute4ever 08-28-2008 01:09 AM

In the past, word on the street was that In-N-Out would not expand too far from CA/AZ because of the policy of never frozen, always fresh; the meat would spoil in transit.

Thus if they do expand into northern UT and beyond, it makes sense that they would open multiple locations, because they will probably purchase additional farmland (Cache Valley?) at the same time, creating a large supply.

Colly Wolly 08-28-2008 01:13 AM

Wife said that the dude said that each store would be built near a Costco "anchor" store. What's behind this? Are they somehow going to partner with Costco in their supply chain/distribution?

Runner Coug 08-28-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 258228)
Are they somehow going to partner with Costco in their supply chain/distribution?

Yes. The drawback, of course, will be that instead of purchasing a single hamburger, you will have to purchase 50 burgers.

FMCoug 08-28-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 258224)
Take this with a very large grain of salt. My wife was talking to a Costco sales rep who informed that an In-n-Out burger was going to be built near the new Costco on Bangerter in South Jordan. He said that additional stores (up to 10) would be coming to Utah, each located near a Costco. Not sure I believe it.

Seems like this rumor comes up every so often. I'll believe it when I see an official Press Release.

Venkman 08-28-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 258224)

Yes, I take it with a grain of salt, but that would be awesome since I'm only about a mile away from that location.

TripletDaddy 08-28-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 258259)
Yes. The drawback, of course, will be that instead of purchasing a single hamburger, you will have to purchase 50 burgers.

That would be a rip off.

I would just buy the Kirkland Double Doubles for half the price.

ewth8tr 08-30-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 258265)
Seems like this rumor comes up every so often. I'll believe it when I see an official Press Release.

I actually heard this rumor a couple of days ago with the same location mentioned.