cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   UW is a very, very bad FB team (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22954)

8ballrollin 09-28-2008 04:49 AM

UW is a very, very bad FB team

I've watched their whole game tonight (vs Stanford) and cannot believe how much they suck. Maybe two wins this season - UCLA and WSU. Maybe.

BarbaraGordon 09-28-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 271093)
I've watched their whole game tonight (vs Stanford) and cannot believe how much they suck. Maybe two wins this season - UCLA and WSU. Maybe.

I feel sick every time I see them play. It's like reliving the Blake years at OU.

RockyBalboa 09-28-2008 05:41 AM

How Willingham isn't fired already is amazing.

TripletDaddy 09-28-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 271093)

We beat them, though. At the buzzer.

We also beat UCLA.

We dominated Wyoming.

And gave up several points to a DAA school.

I have absolutely zero concerns that we are Hawaii 2008. Sugar Bowl here we come!

BarbaraGordon 09-28-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 271127)
We beat them, though. At the buzzer.

We also beat UCLA.

We dominated Wyoming.

And gave up several points to a DAA school.

I have absolutely zero concerns that we are Hawaii 2008. Sugar Bowl here we come!

I kid you not, TD. Granted I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I get so confused when you use "we." So if you have two teams in BCS bowls will you go to both?

The demise of the Pac-10 doesn't help BYU's case, but with you guys ranked in the top ten already, your spot is a lock. All you have to do is keep winning.

TripletDaddy 09-28-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 271130)
I kid you not, TD. Granted I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I get so confused when you use "we." So if you have two teams in BCS bowls will you go to both?

The demise of the Pac-10 doesn't help BYU's case, but with you guys ranked in the top ten already, your spot is a lock. All you have to do is keep winning.

What confuses you?

I go to the games, BCS or no.

BarbaraGordon 09-28-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 271133)
What confuses you?

I never know which "we" you mean.

Quote:

I go to the games, BCS or no.
Right. But if both your teams make BCS, the games are likely to either be both on the same day, or on consecutive days. In the part of the world I hail from, people wouldn't tend to hop on a Lear and take in both. That's why I was asking - if you'd try to make it to both or just pick one.

TripletDaddy 09-28-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 271135)
I never know which "we" you mean.

Right. But if both your teams make BCS, the games are likely to either be both on the same day, or on consecutive days. In the part of the world I hail from, people wouldn't tend to hop on a Lear and take in both. That's why I was asking - if you'd try to make it to both or just pick one.

If the "we" makes references to Wyoming, northern Iowa, and a bunch of MWC conference games, then assume it is BYU.

If the bowl games are on the same day, obviously it is a no go. Other than that, you dont need a lear to fly on consecutive days. Most airlines fly places every day. Also, as I stated previously, I get passes, so there is very little cost for me to fly. So yes...I will go to both bowls. I am not convinced BYU will win out, and even if they do, the SOS is not great, so there are no locks. Won't affect my attendance. Whichever bowl "we" play in....I'll be there.

Hsaru 09-28-2008 06:17 PM

TD becomes a byu "fan", when he feels like being condescending. It seems forced now that his other team doesn't look very good anymore.

BarbaraGordon 09-28-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 271136)
If the "we" makes references to Wyoming, northern Iowa, and a bunch of MWC conference games, then assume it is BYU.

If the bowl games are on the same day, obviously it is a no go. Other than that, you dont need a lear to fly on consecutive days. Most airlines fly places every day.

I wasn't trying to be difficult. You're in the enviable position of having your two favorite teams looking at BCS bowls, and I was just curious if you'd try to make both of them.