cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Phoebe Cates "scene" in Fast Time at Ridgemont High (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14044)

TripletDaddy 11-19-2007 04:35 PM

The Phoebe Cates "scene" in Fast Time at Ridgemont High

My parents talk about where they were when they found out that JFK was shot....

Many in our generation may talk about watching MNF when Cosell announced that John Lennon was shot......or remembering what they were doing when Princess Diana was killed.

How many of you remember watching the Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times and Ridgemont High for the first time....and the subsequent 30 or 40 rewinds?

I was at home watching "The Movie Channel" (TMC) on cable TV. I was about 12. I remember watching this movie every time it was on TMC that month and subsequently thereafter.

And I can never listen to The Cars "Moving In Stereo" in the same way again.

ute4ever 11-19-2007 09:33 PM

Pervert.

jay santos 11-19-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 152284)

Many in our generation may talk about watching MNF when Cosell announced that John Lennon was shot......or remembering what they were doing when Princess Diana was killed.

How many of you remember watching the Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times and Ridgemont High for the first time....and the subsequent 30 or 40 rewinds?

I was at home watching "The Movie Channel" (TMC) on cable TV. I was about 12. I remember watching this movie every time it was on TMC that month and subsequently thereafter.

Phoebe Cates + strict Mormon teaching on sex = why our generation is full of SoonerCougars.

K-dog 11-19-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

I have to admit that I forgot about that scene until you mentioned it and now I have a red bikini running through my mind.

TripletDaddy 11-19-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 152441)
I have to admit that I forgot about that scene until you mentioned it and now I have a red bikini running through my mind.

Fast forward your mind to where you have half a red bikini running through it...

smokymountainrain 11-19-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

I was in 6th grade, at a friend's house when I saw that movie for the first time. This friend became one of my heroes when I learned that afternoon he could belch the alphabet (to my great disappointment, I can't burp) and his TV was where I saw Phoebe in all (well, most of) her glory for the first of many times.

K-dog 11-19-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 152477)
Fast forward your mind to where you have half a red bikini running through it...

I'm sure it would be less glorious in reality. My young mind was not as knowledgable as it currently is.

il Padrino Ute 11-20-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

I can tell you where I was when I first saw that scene:

Sitting in the Regency Theater watching the movie on opening night. My friends and I went there and a good time was had by all.

TripletDaddy 11-20-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 152546)
I can tell you where I was when I first saw that scene:

Sitting in the Regency Theater watching the movie on opening night. My friends and I went there and a good time was had by all.

Did the theater have pause and rewind?

il Padrino Ute 11-20-2007 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 152576)
Did the theater have pause and rewind?

No, but there was a lot of cheering from those watching.

Stripes, Fast Times and Risky Business are three of the defining films for males who graduated from high school in either 1981, 1982 or 1983. Those are shining examples of true art.