cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BYU vs. Oklahoma (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24332)

RockyBalboa 11-04-2008 02:21 PM

BYU vs. Oklahoma

Talking about it on 1320 this morning...potential breaking news.

BYU vs. Oklahoma in the Cowboys new Stadium next year in Dallas the season opener for both teams....sounds like it's pretty much a done deal.

Goatnapper'96 11-04-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 289247)

BYU vs. Oklahoma in the Cowboys new Stadium next year in Dallas the season opener for both teams....sounds like it's pretty much a done deal.

Quest for Perfection will end early next year.

However, I think between OU, FSU and ASU BYU should be in a far better position to deal with the speed of TCU and Utah.

If this happens, it is great scheduling, IMO. If BYU can come out of OOC at 3-1 and win out in MWC play it would be a spectacular year. Road games against OU and ASU and home games against FSU, TCU and Utah. Even Jay and '71 would have hard nipples and I think many of us weren't born the last time '71 had hard nipples.

PaloAltoCougar 11-04-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Never mind. I figured it out...

TripletDaddy 11-04-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

I dont get it...how is it potential breaking news? Sounds like it IS breaking news.

I am really excited. The chance to meet mikewaters in person! What am I going to wear? What should I say? Should I shake his hand or just bow/curtsey? Should I bring a gift? Does he prefer to be called "mikewaters" or just "mike?"

I have so much time and so little to do.

Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

BarbaraGordon 11-04-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

hahahahaha
no way.

TripletDaddy 11-04-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 289263)
hahahahaha
no way.

cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck

BarbaraGordon 11-04-2008 03:00 PM

There's no mention of this anywhere in OU sports media. Are you sure you don't mean Oklahoma *State*?

SeattleUte 11-04-2008 03:01 PM

Cowboys? You mean Sooners?

Why is this such a big deal? The bigs schedule early season non-reciprocal home games against patsies all the time.

BarbaraGordon 11-04-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 289272)
Cowboys? You mean Sooners?

Why is this such a big deal? The bigs schedule early season non-reciprocal home games against patsies all the time.

No, he means we would play in teh Dallas Cowboys stadium. Some kind of pigskin classic deal. Sooners would never agree to it.

TripletDaddy 11-04-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 289275)
No, he means we would play in teh Dallas Cowboys stadium. Some kind of pigskin classic deal. Sooners would never agree to it.

Because BYU pwns the Sooners.