cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   is it possible that the gathering of the lost tribes..... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630)

fusnik11 11-08-2005 09:15 PM

is it possible that the gathering of the lost tribes.....

specifically those descending from the north is ongoing and they have already descended from the north?

by this i mean, they leave israel, head north, run into the artic ocean, head east searching for the savior, cross the bering straight, descend into the americas, colonize, and create culture?

lehi comes over, brings with him the gospel, that enables the gospel to be taught current day to these lost tribes? joseph is born, the restoration occurs and currently these lost tribes are being gathered through missionary work.

makes a lot more sense than them coming from under the artic caps.

Archaea 11-08-2005 09:34 PM

the gathering aspecti is most confusing

I really have no understanding of it.

Sorry.

SeattleUte 11-08-2005 10:01 PM

Re: is it possible that the gathering of the lost tribes....

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11
specifically those descending from the north is ongoing and they have already descended from the north?

by this i mean, they leave israel, head north, run into the artic ocean, head east searching for the savior, cross the bering straight, descend into the americas, colonize, and create culture?

lehi comes over, brings with him the gospel, that enables the gospel to be taught current day to these lost tribes? joseph is born, the restoration occurs and currently these lost tribes are being gathered through missionary work.

makes a lot more sense than them coming from under the artic caps.

The "lost tribes" are long gone. They were liquidated and assymilated by the Assyrians thousands of years ago. That's all there is to it. Something similar has happened over and over again in the history of the world.

SoCalCoug 11-08-2005 10:41 PM

I thought they went north through the hole in the north pole and are now living on the interior surface of the earth.

Nobody Special 11-09-2005 01:06 AM

Maybe they need one of those spiffy hats your guy has there. It might have stopped them from falling in the hole. Or maybe not.

creekster 11-09-2005 01:19 AM

While on my mission in Quebec,

the Quebecois government was building a new highway from the northern portion of the province down to Montreal. Some people questioned the need for this road given that it's capacity seemed to exceed the traffic that used that route. After considering this fact for some period of time, one of our local ward's more creative members felt moved to offer his testimony at testimony meeting that as everyone knew the arctic frost was like the frost artound a rabbit's hole in winter, and that the lost tribes were somewhere inside the Earth, having entered a hole in the arctic polar region (rumored to have been seen from time to time by various explorers and travelers), it was obvious that this new freeway being built was inspired by God to provide an easy pathway for the tribes to use to return, He then offered up some revelations he received abut the timing of this triumphal return (which was to be in a few weeks, according to a visitation he had received).

I have never found any reason to doubt his story.

SoCalCoug 11-09-2005 02:56 AM

If you ever are in need of some entertainment, google "hollow earth"

Archaea 11-09-2005 06:02 PM

Yeah what he said.

Sprinkled throughout the world.

It's a conversion thingee, thanks for reminding me, Adam.

myboynoah 11-10-2005 03:39 AM

Yeah sure, that's the ticket

But I prefer much more the idea that they live inside the earth, have developed advanced technology, run around in flying saucers, and will someday arrive among us to solve all our problems.

Also, I bet their women are gorgeous.

I say keep building that highway.