cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Yfanatico (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5089)

jay santos 11-16-2006 07:14 PM

Yfanatico

What really is the deal with yfanatico? I missed a lot of the drama on that. I had some boardmails with yfanatico a couple years ago. He (they) told me some stuff in confidence that I wouldn't repeat because a) it was told to me in confidence and b) I have no way to verify if it was true, but it was interesting.

Goatnapper'96 11-16-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 45115)
What really is the deal with yfanatico? I missed a lot of the drama on that. I had some boardmails with yfanatico a couple years ago. He (they) told me some stuff in confidence that I wouldn't repeat because a) it was told to me in confidence and b) I have no way to verify if it was true, but it was interesting.

Everything yfanatico said seemed verified to my by the performance on the field. The whole ordeal demonstrates that the program was in a state of disarray.

I also think Harmon took some serious journalistic privilege with the crap he claimed yfanatico said/did.

Harmon's motherlike love and protection of Beck is still obvious.

All things considered I stand with those in just letting that dark period go. Crowton is what he is and he is just not a strong leader.

jay santos 11-16-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 45124)
Everything yfanatico said seemed verified to my by the performance on the field. The whole ordeal demonstrates that the program was in a state of disarray.

I also think Harmon took some serious journalistic privilege with the crap he claimed yfanatico said/did.

All things considered I stand with those in just letting that dark period go. Crowton is what he is and he is just not a strong leader.

What's the Harmon angle on this? I never knew till today of Harmon's involvement.

jay santos 11-16-2006 08:38 PM

OK I just read the DesNews article. I get it now.

WaterCat 11-16-2006 08:40 PM

Harmon is related to the Beck family somehow. yfanatico is/was a cancer. I had hoped that the yfanatico players had graduated but apparently they're still around. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they are fully invested. I know that some people don't think unity is important but a team must at least be unified in it's desire to win, even if they don't like each other on a personal level.

Why Statman is defending yfanatico is as mysterious and asinine as most of his posts. I couldn't tell if he is a friend of yfanatico or he just hates Dick Harmon with every fiber of his being.

I also don't know why Harmon would bring this up right now. It is completely counter-productive. Most fans know that there was a lot of garbage going on. I don't personally recall any personal insults from yfanatico to Beck but I do think that they made it clear that they were Matt Berry fans. Reminding John Beck and BYU fans that players were turning on players is not what we want to remember right now.

Beat the Furry!!!

MikeWaters 11-16-2006 08:43 PM

Harmon brings it up because he feels cougarboard gossip gives him insider status in the eyes of the public.

Indy Coug 11-16-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 45135)
Harmon brings it up because he feels cougarboard gossip gives him insider status in the eyes of the public.

If that was the case, he would have spilled the beans two years ago, when it was at its peak.

Indy Coug 11-16-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 45124)

The accuracy of yfanatico's characterization of Crowton is completely and utterly besides the point. The larger issue here is the impropriety of current players publicly ripping on other players and their coaches.

jay santos 11-16-2006 08:54 PM

Just read this post from yfanatico today

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2268807

This is all a big mess. Three comments.

1. Crowton made some mistakes but yfanatico showed poor character in taking that stuff public, and it makes he/they make me less of a Berry fan for it and actually makes me want to sympathize with Crowton more.

2. MHO, is that yfanatico got into a pscyhological war with certain CB'ers and much of the drama was more about that than their problems with Beck and Crowton. They exagerrated not only Crowton's bumblings but also their own sabotage.

3. Harmon and Wendell Beck and BYU-13 and CB'ers that violently supported them have as much responsibility for JB's unpopularity on CB than JB's poor play his first few years. Fans don't like it when people come in that are more a fan of a player than the team and start arguing and defending their guy.

OhioBlue 11-16-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 45138)
The accuracy of yfanatico's characterization of Crowton is completely and utterly besides the point. The larger issue here is the impropriety of current players publicly ripping on other players and their coaches.

That I can agree with. However, we all need to remember here that yfanatico is more than one player. The above poster who called yfanatico a 'cancer' to this team might consider that said 'cancer' includes at least a couple people responsible for doing such a damn good job making Beck look good this year. :)

Indy, what do you think about the timing of Harmon's having written this? I think he's being a bit petty and could have at least waited until after we paste Utah and win a bowl game before putting his pettiness on display and risking ANY negative effects on this team.