cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Old Tav was back (This has nothing to do with his points) (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15555)

cougjunkie 01-04-2008 05:23 AM

The Old Tav was back (This has nothing to do with his points)

This is the first time in 4-5 games Tav was not sulking during the starting lineups, he was not sulking on the bench when he came out and he was not sulking on the court.

He was the first one up off the bench cheering guys on, he was loud waving his towel, and he was really getting after it defensively. Rose rewarded him with a start in the second half. I have not looked at the numbers but I am guessing Tav played the most minutes (if not 1st, then 2nd to Cummard) he looked a lot more energized and actually showed some heart.

Hopefully this carries over to the Wake Forest game and conference play.

Indy Coug 01-04-2008 05:23 AM

Tav is our MVP. Not because he is our best player, but we simply aren't good enough if he's sucking it up.

cougjunkie 01-04-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 169874)
Tav is our MVP. Not because he is our best player, but we simply aren't good enough if he's sucking it up.

I agree, and I just looked I was way off on the minutes Tav only played 18, which makes what he did even more important.

I think those minutes are wrong actually, Tav came in at the 15 minute mark of the first half and played until the 4 minute mark then came back in with a little over a minute left. Thats 12 minutes. Then in the 2nd half he started and played until the 10 minute mark, and then was reinserted sporadically until their were 4 minutes left. He had at least another 12 minutes in the 2nd half. Maybe they have Collinsworth and Tavs minutes mixed up, regardless he is an energizer for this team and is important.

myboynoah 01-04-2008 11:35 AM

Did he threaten any TAs? We'll know he's really back when he starts threatening TAs again.

DrumNFeather 01-04-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 169873)
This is the first time in 4-5 games Tav was not sulking during the starting lineups, he was not sulking on the bench when he came out and he was not sulking on the court.

He was the first one up off the bench cheering guys on, he was loud waving his towel, and he was really getting after it defensively. Rose rewarded him with a start in the second half. I have not looked at the numbers but I am guessing Tav played the most minutes (if not 1st, then 2nd to Cummard) he looked a lot more energized and actually showed some heart.

Hopefully this carries over to the Wake Forest game and conference play.

So, is his "feud" over with Rose? Or is Rose just recognizing that sometimes JT gotta do what JT gotta do and as long as he is producing, he can act however he wants?

K-dog 01-04-2008 04:20 PM

He played with more energy but also seems to get that he isn't supposed to chuck up everything. He thought on some of his offensive touches and made better decisions. I think the real key was his activity on the boards and defensively. That is where he needs to mature as a player. "If he isn't shooting well, is he contributing in other ways" should be the measuring stick for JT.

Indy Coug 01-04-2008 04:30 PM

I still had to chuckle when I saw he had 13 shots in 18 minutes last night.