cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hill should be pulled (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29831)

MikeWaters 09-20-2016 09:54 PM

and we have a top 20 QB (potentially) riding the pine. :(

What school wishes they had Taysom Hill this year?

Archaea 09-20-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 322189)
and we have a top 20 QB (potentially) riding the pine. :(

What school wishes they had Taysom Hill this year?

Virginia.

MikeWaters 09-21-2016 02:24 AM

the best thing for BYU is for BYU to lose against West Virginia, Hill to play horrifically, and finally have the reins turned over the Mangum.

The worst thing that could happen is a squeaker victory where we are saddled with Hill the rest of the season. It really harms the future of the program.

SeattleUte 09-21-2016 04:49 AM

My theory is they are not starting him because of LDS reverence for seniority. See the 12.

BlueK 09-21-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 322193)
My theory is they are not starting him because of LDS reverence for seniority. See the 12.

Yeah, no other coach or team would ever do such a thing like start the senior. Funny how Detmer did this time even though Lavell started him as a soph over the senior returning starter Sean Covey. LOL.

MikeWaters 09-21-2016 05:21 PM

It's not like Ty has never made a bad investment decision

BlueK 09-21-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 322197)
It's not like Ty has never made a bad investment decision

I don't think Hill starts much longer unless he's suddenly a different player this Saturday.

Archaea 09-21-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 322198)
I don't think Hill starts much longer unless he's suddenly a different player this Saturday.

I understand Ty's dilemma, he named Hill as QB, and it may look bad if Tanner comes in and rights the ship. It is however in Ty's best interests to right the ship. Once he pulls Taysom, Taysom is of no use, except as a back up.

Everybody wanted to see Taysom succeed. Despite the hopes and wishes of fans, Taysom showed some amazing athleticism, but sketchy pure QB results. He doesn't fit into BYU's scheme.

A former high school coach has to make the difficult decisions. Of course, Ty sees more than we do, such as line play and if the receivers are doing their part. Not a happy time, using Taysom and losing winnable games because of him.

ChinoCoug 09-22-2016 12:31 PM

Detmer broke down film and saw that most of what happened was not Hill's fault.

Football is not baseball; individual performance cannot be isolated just by following the person with the ball.

MikeWaters 09-22-2016 01:26 PM

Except we have years of data to indicate that Hill is one of the worst passers in modern BYU history.

"It doesn't get better."