cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finances (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Question for anyone who has been a ward financial clerk (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15077)

TripletDaddy 12-17-2007 05:41 PM

Question for anyone who has been a ward financial clerk

Is there a way to get tithing summaries from past years? Can it be done via the Church website (the ones set up for each stake, I mean)?

In the alternative, can I ask my ward clerk to request it? How long does it take for them to get it?

Mormon Red Death 12-17-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 164330)
Is there a way to get tithing summaries from past years? Can it be done via the Church website (the ones set up for each stake, I mean)?

In the alternative, can I ask my ward clerk to request it? How long does it take for them to get it?

Yes... it really easy.. they use the same reports and just change the year

TripletDaddy 12-17-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 164338)
Yes... it really easy.. they use the same reports and just change the year

Hmmm....I see. Your insight is much appreciated.

Actually, I found out there is a phone number you can call and they get it to you same day.

Flystripper 12-17-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 164340)

Actually, I found out there is a phone number you can call and they get it to you same day.

looks like DDD is getting audited

Mormon Red Death 12-17-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 164340)

Sorry... I read it quickly... what I meant is that your financial clerk can get you all that information just by changing the year on the MLS (church software) report. It would take your Financial clerk about 3 minutes to print off your old sheets

FMCoug 12-17-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 164389)
looks like DDD is getting audited

Guess he should have listened to VV.

TripletDaddy 12-17-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 164420)
Guess he should have listened to VV.

Actually, i am currently counseling VV to help keep him out of federal prison.....I need his tithing slips ASAP to help offset all these penalties and fees.

Also, on a related note....fire sale on condos in cancun. Dirt cheap. Boardmail me if interested.

Tex 12-17-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 164392)
Sorry... I read it quickly... what I meant is that your financial clerk can get you all that information just by changing the year on the MLS (church software) report. It would take your Financial clerk about 3 minutes to print off your old sheets

This is assuming, of course, that you paid all your tithing for the years in question to the same ward.

TripletDaddy 12-17-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 164469)
This is assuming, of course, that you paid all your tithing for the years in question to the same ward.

It doesnt matter. Forget the ward clerk. That requires you to contact the ward clerk and go to the building.

It is faster to call Church HQ directly. They faxed me my info within a few hours. I was actually pretty impressed by how quickly the process went. They emailed me a form to fill out with my info, I faxed it back. The faxed me my summaries.

It would have taken only minutes, but they kept me on the line, wanting to apologize for Church-sanctioned racism over the past 100 years. I told them, "it's cool....we're cool."

Mormon Red Death 12-17-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 164469)

good point